Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: sitting to low

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default sitting to low

i bought these shocks for my ax10 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXAMK2 and i knew they where shorter but they are way to short ( for me) where i have to climb there is a lot of big rocks so i have some prety steep short climbs and befor, i had the stock shocks with the bushing inside ( i did the ckrc stage 2 kit) and i could make it up these parts and now i cant is there any way to fix this without buying new shocks i just bought these can i buy longer shock ends or something, and if not what would be the best shocks to buy that are about the same size as the stock axial shocks with the spacer in them.
jwilli2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 AM   #2

Are you wanting to run a droop or sprung setup, you may need to make some new brackets like I did on mine.

The Woodchuck
dc2drifterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

If you're running it as a droop...low is good. Belly draggin' is the norm for droopers. Mine sits so low (not a Axial though), that the lower link end at the chassis is lower than the end at the axle. It keeps the CG low and allows you to run the body as low as possible due to the fact that the suspension only has to droop and not have uptravel.

If you're running sprung, obviously when you shorten up the shocks and the placement of said shocks are the same as the old longer pair, the ride height and ground clearance under the belly suffers. Is there a way to modify how the shorter shocks mount to make up for the difference?

You could probably find some rod ends with longer shanks to replace the lowers on those Evader shocks. Not sure what the shaft diameter is on those, but I would guess 3mm...so just get yourself some longer ends that will thread on to 3mm and try that.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You could get some "heavy duty shock mounts" from RC4WD and mount them on the 6mm lower link - that way you can adjust the clearance to the desired height.
Yawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:05 AM   #5
RCC Addict

You could drill new holes in the chassis to mount the shocks to.The longer rod ends would be the way to go.I run some made by R.P.M. they are much tighter in the ball end and longer then stock.They are also bright orange !
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

im running sprung set up, a lot of good ideas thanks
jwilli2213 is offline   Reply With Quote