Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: First new crawler!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2016, 10:45 PM   #1

Default First new crawler!

Hey guys. In just got my new ax10 deadbolt. It's my first crawler all though I got hooked years ago when a buddy of mine got the scorpion. Anyway I have a small creek/ditch on my property that is pretty awesome to crawl. My question is what is already waterproof and what do I need to upgrade to be waterproof? I'm also not sure about turning off the Lipo cut off. I tried following the directions but I'm not sure if it worked. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks
J4ml3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: First new crawler!

Nothing on the stock deadbolt is waterproof. So, you need to either waterproof your servo and esc or purchase waterproof ones. Use some silicone to make the receiver box water tight. No lipo? Get with the program and start using lipos.
Waitwhatsthat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
RCC Addict

There are plenty waterproof options you can do to any electronics.
Conformal silicone coating(beat choice)
Corrosion x(only water resistant unless apllied regularly)
Liquid tape or plastic dip(which is sloppy mess but works)

Of course you can replace all elec to wp but still will need to wp receiver also!

The ae-2 esc can be programmed via castle link by Castle creations. It is a usb driven device that hooks up cpu & esc to program settings on screen.

Lipo is so much more efficient in all aspects! Ya really cant "imagine" the difference of a rc car until you go lipo!

Its your toy run ot the way you want too!!! Just know that out of box is mild fun, upgrading is endless FUNds
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:14 AM   #4

Thanks for the replys. I will look into those waterproofing options. I finally figured out how to change the settings manually. One of these days I'd like to upgrade to Lipo but already had a charger and got a couple donor batteries from a buddy. After forking out the cash for the truck the cheaper the better for a while lol. I'm going to swap the battery location to the front soon. What are some other upgrades y'all can recommend starting out? Thanks
J4ml3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:33 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Open up the tread on the Trepadors
Orange peel is offline   Reply With Quote

First new crawler! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
** Crawler Innovations ** 8 x 8 Crawler Hauler * continuing build thread; pic heavy Nova's Ark Multi Axle Rigs 50 11-30-2019 10:02 AM
Difference in AX10, Night Crawler, and Comp Crawler final gear ratios? shelljeep Newbie General 11 02-05-2010 12:48 AM
TCS - Novak Goat Crawler Systems in stock @ TCScrawlers.com - The Crawler Store kevinlongisland Vendors Market 0 09-14-2007 09:34 AM
TXT Crawler.... Stone Cold Crawler... Full Tube Scale build RockSpyder Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 6 12-14-2004 09:40 AM