Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Are Capra RTR Spektrum Electronics Garbage?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2021, 09:04 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Are Capra RTR Spektrum Electronics Garbage?

Just received an RTR Capra and the damn thing was glitchy and steering/throttle were erratic. It was like everything was delayed for two seconds and then the stupid throttle would randomly go full reverse, then steering would stick. Thankfully I bought it on Amazon (local shop has been sold out for weeks) so just exchanged the stupid thing and am getting a replacement on Sunday. My son also recently purchased a Losi Tenacity Pro that had issues with the Spektrum receiver and ESC. Horizon warrantied the ESC on his but still took many weeks to get new parts.

I expected the DIG servo to be junk but thought the ESC and receiver would at least let me decide how much I like this rig.

Has Spektrum gone downhill from the old days? Is it junk now? It kind of feels like it's junk now that Horizon has taken over and is putting in all of their RTR's. This is only based on my recent anecdotal evidence of course.

While I know RTR electronics are not expected to be amazing, I've never had this much trouble. I love building a kit as much as the next guy but am not sure how much I'll like the Capra so wanted to just hit the rocks immediately.

Anyway, curious if anyone else has had the same issues.
MtnBkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Are Capra RTR Spektrum Electronics Garbage?

My RTR works fine...
stigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:52 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Are Capra RTR Spektrum Electronics Garbage?

Just send it back
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Are Capra RTR Spektrum Electronics Garbage? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Capra Electronics Greatscott Electronics 1 12-13-2020 06:56 PM
New Capra build, need to figure out the Electronics. nalle09 Axial Capra 5 01-01-2020 04:29 AM
Capra Receiver Box/Electronics Layout Still Bill Axial Capra 2 10-19-2019 03:25 PM
scx10 RTR radio = complete garbage CentralCoaster Axial SCX-10 14 07-16-2010 07:04 AM