Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Petition axial for RR10 bomber kit....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #1

Default Petition axial for RR10 bomber kit....

I got an message from axial stating they have no plans at this time to release a bomber kit, so i figured we could grassroots petition them for one with specific parts to be included....

what would you like to see in the RR10 bomber kit?

two-speed gears included?

of course HD ring/pinion!

better foams!!!

aluminum shock caps!!!

HD aluminum links (upper & lower)!!!

What else!?!

i know we'll see one at some point, but why not spur them on a bit!!
colorado chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2016, 11:36 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Petition axial for RR10 bomber kit....

Pretty sure they have no plans for any kits going foward.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
Heard the same thing.

Not to be a Debby go downer but even if they do you could build 10 from scratch by the time they do
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I figured they would release a kit right after cmbscx10 bought his RTR. I used to favor kits, but now I don't care. I take the rig apart almost as soon as it's out of the box anyway. Maybe run a pack through it just to see it's like. Plus the take offs are good spare parts. If you have the motivation you can sell them.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The way I see it, the RTR is the most for the money. You get a tx/rx and a spare motor/servo for your SCX10 for just a few dollars more. My RTR's have been put together by me many times. I like to have a tx/rx for each of my cars so my kids and friends can run them.
GLHS592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Not interested.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:41 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Yes, Please Axial do a RR10 kit! Surprised and disappointed to see so many negative nancies who don't want a kit, weird.
spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:48 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

PLEASE MAKE AN RR10 KIT! The only things I want to see are aluminum links, trailing arm braces, different wheels (so tired of Walker Evans - see my thread in Tires and Wheels) and maybe a different chassis design. I'm not saying the Bomber Fab chassis doesn't look good, I just want to see what Axial can do with this rig.
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:52 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
Sadly, I think you're right. Although maybe it's not that much of a loss.

I would have scratch built if I knew then what I know now (which isn't much). Likely would have come out even or maybe even a 100.00 or so dollars ahead.
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:25 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
Sadly, I think you're right. Although maybe it's not that much of a loss.

I would have scratch built if I knew then what I know now (which isn't much). Likely would have come out even or maybe even a 100.00 or so dollars ahead.
I emailed a guy from Axial and he said that he "wasn't aware of any RR10 Kit coming soon", but that doesn't mean that there won't be one in the future...
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:39 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

If there is a kit I would hope (but doubt) that the 2 speed is included!
norco kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:38 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

The take rate on kits these days are quite low compared to RTR models. At the end of the day, if the business case for kits is weak, then out the window it goes.

To be quite candid, even I can't be bothered to build kits most of the time, and I've been at this hobby since 1988. The hobby has evolved, and I blame the decline of racing and the rise of "bashers."

It's still nice to be able to know how things work and get put together, but after a few or several hundred kits, the only things I really want to assemble are high end road racing cars, which are quite responsive to even the most minute tuning changes.

Don't get me wrong guys, if it were me, I'd only want kits as well, but if the parts are fairly low precision parts that don't benefit from careful assembly, then I really don't care enough if the car is assembled or not.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:59 AM   #13

how about provide the rtr and kit versions at the same price, but include the right goodies in the kit to justify the price: the two speed gears set for example...seems equitable for all involved.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:01 PM   #14

and by the way- i added up axles, cage, a skidplate. links, etc to scratch build the rr10 and the price was way above the kit or rtr, am i missing something there?
Old 03-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.M. View Post
The take rate on kits these days are quite low compared to RTR models. At the end of the day, if the business case for kits is weak, then out the window it goes.

To be quite candid, even I can't be bothered to build kits most of the time, and I've been at this hobby since 1988. The hobby has evolved, and I blame the decline of racing and the rise of "bashers."

It's still nice to be able to know how things work and get put together, but after a few or several hundred kits, the only things I really want to assemble are high end road racing cars, which are quite responsive to even the most minute tuning changes.

Don't get me wrong guys, if it were me, I'd only want kits as well, but if the parts are fairly low precision parts that don't benefit from careful assembly, then I really don't care enough if the car is assembled or not.
Nailed it..... Kits are a good option for guys that are beyond a rtr but not quite custom builder status or dont want custom. The way I see is just as you. Dont get me wrong, they fill a void for many rc enthusiasts but it is not better than a RTR in any way for both manufacturer and consumer. It simply makes Axial appeal to more customers but whether you buy the kit or not theyre making the money on RTR's.... Axial is probably tired of newbs #$cking stuff up and having to replace parts that are not legitimate construction or design flaws. If theyre gonna replace something, might as well be their fault.

My 3 reasons:

1. RTR is way better deal by parting out what you dont want, ive proved that. (oh but those sweet stamped upgrades and $40 HD Gears when everyone wants UD/OD anyways)

2. No need to wait for a kit to released and be a pimple on Axials @$$ while you kick rocks.

3. "Builders" still have a stock truck..... Unless you upgrade things which renders your kit as "useless" as a RTR.....

Name:  Minion.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  72.8 KB
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I just got the RTR after wait for a kit, so I'm sure they will release it like next week.
Murphy's law for sure.
DenisLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I would love to see a kit but suspect it won't happen. I enjoy the build process immensely and would much rather start from the ground up over taking apart something that is assembled. That's particularly true of Axial trucks that come with a bunch of weak plastic parts and underpowered electronics that are going to need to be replaced anyway. I mind it much less if I can build it up the way I want to. I don't find it much fun to take it all apart as soon as I get it just so that I can rebuild it the way I want to. If they offered a premium edition with better components out of the box, I'd consider it. But that also seems unlikely. It's a shame, because that makes the RR10 possibly the last Axial truck I will buy.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #18
RCC Addict

I've built a few Axial kits and I really doubt I would ever buy another one unless they started putting real upgrades in them like quality links with rod ends that dont get sloppy after the first pack, some steel trans gears, and good shocks that dont leak.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:37 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Id even be happy with an assembled roller without electronics. specifically I don't need any more damn transmitters (though in my case the AR3 RX is fine because it works with the GT3B).
It would be nice to have a lower entry price without radio gear,or motor. while I also have servo and ESC preferences ditching the other electronics would allow a half decent MG servo and a ESC like the AE-2 ( I like the castle link compatibility) realistically if kits arent selling enough a cheaper roller with no electronics at all would be ideal

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:41 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Really want a Bomber put i probably wont pay for a RTR truck when i will just trow things like the radio, esc, motor and so on, feels like a waste of money for me. Upgrading these things are expensive enough lol!

I hope Axial give us a kit soon or like guy above said a truck without electronics of some kind, or if i find one used to buy but i doubt that here in Sweden..

Last edited by Haziza; 04-01-2016 at 06:08 AM.
Haziza is offline   Reply With Quote

Petition axial for RR10 bomber kit.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial RR10 Bomber Kit Version? Wes S. Newbie General 11 04-10-2016 05:10 PM
MIP kit for Axial RR10 Bomber Blue Monkey RC Axial RR10 Bomber 9 03-25-2016 10:49 AM
Stage 1 Suspension Kit for RR10 Bomber Blue Monkey RC Axial RR10 Bomber 19 03-17-2016 08:30 PM