Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: RR10 Bomber TACTI TSX45 functioning abnormally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #1

Default RR10 Bomber TACTI TSX45 functioning abnormally

Hi guys,

I am now experiencing abnormal movement on the TACTIC TSX45 servo. I expect that, When I let go of the steering wheel on the Radio Control it will go to a neutral position. But, the wheels on the RR10 is pointing towards the left and when I tried to adjust the Steering Trim on the Radio Control its not adjusting that much and when I try to move forward and try turning to the right it turn slightly.

When I tried putting the RR10 on a stand meaning the wheels are noth touching any surface the steering servo is working. I can turn right and left and when I let go of the Steering Wheel on the Radio Control the wheels on the RR10 goes to the neutral position which is the center. Weird thou...

What seems to be the problem?

Should I change to a much better servo?

BTW, I just bought the RR10 last March coming to 2 months.

Thanks & Regards,

Whelee
Wehlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2016, 12:03 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RR10 Bomber TACTI TSX45 functioning abnormally

Try loosening the steering rod at the knuckles. Sometimes they can bind. If you're running the stock steering links, they're like jelly. Upgrade them to something that's not like jelly. A new servo wouldn't hurt. If you upgrade the steering links you'll most likely end up stripping out the stock servo anyway.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Try loosening the steering rod at the knuckles. Sometimes they can bind. If you're running the stock steering links, they're like jelly. Upgrade them to something that's not like jelly. A new servo wouldn't hurt. If you upgrade the steering links you'll most likely end up stripping out the stock servo anyway.

I will try these when I get home. BTW, any recommendations on what type of servo suitable for the RR10 Bomber? And also if you don't mind me asking are you referring to those aluminium parts selling onlines.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:11 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Your servo horn is probably stripped out. It provides just enough friction to move the wheels when they are off the ground but it slips on the splines when on the ground.

A stronger servo with an aluminum horn is basically a requirement for the Bomber.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Hi Deckard,

Tried loosening the steering rod at the knuckles still has the problem. Anyways, maybe the best solution is to buy a new servo and change the parts to alu.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Your servo horn is probably stripped out. It provides just enough friction to move the wheels when they are off the ground but it slips on the splines when on the ground.

A stronger servo with an aluminum horn is basically a requirement for the Bomber.

Thank you for the feedbacks. Will purchase a new servo with aluminium horns.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:49 PM   #7

Guys,

Just saw these video on Youtube. When I opened my RR10 didn't realise that the gear that was stripped was a plastic. Now, I know what is the problem of the TACTIC TSX45 Servo.

Specs says "METAL GEAR TACTIC SERVO, 151 oz-in".

https://youtu.be/xFRusTJJb1U

RR10 Bomber TACTI TSX45 functioning abnormally - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the purpose of the rr10 bomber? thumperc25 General Crawlers 36 11-08-2018 11:30 AM
Wheelbyte's RR10 Bomber wheelbyte Axial RR10 Bomber 48 03-22-2018 10:27 PM
Rr10 bomber available from tower jaykim5708 Axial RR10 Bomber 12 05-05-2016 07:28 PM
My RR10 bomber build. mklemp2015 General Crawlers 2 04-07-2016 10:06 PM