Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Bomber Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #1

Default Bomber Problems

Hi,

Having previously only used my Bomber (kit) round my garden I took it to the coast for a couple of days.

The first day after about 30 minutes bashing on the beach and rocks the truck stopped and what sounded like the motor was spinning but not engaging.

That evening I repositioned the motor pinion position and tightened up using loctite.

The next day once again on the beach/rocks after about 45 minutes I was getting a grating noise as it something was not engaging properly however this only happened at low speed and was intermittent and I managed to enjoy 2-3 hours of fun on the beach.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?

Oh almost forgot my left back wheel was also wobbling quite badly but it appeared to be seated properly.

I am in the process of stripping the truck down and cleaning it thoroughly but I have not spotted anything obvious as yet.

Any help much appreciated.

Nige.
Hunter0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Bomber Problems

a few things, general rule of thumb nvr run a rig on the beach unless you are cool with every bold rusting up within minutes.
gear mesh is an issue with your rig, maybe even in the transmission if you feel you solved your pinion/spur problem.

check the lockout bearings for the rear wobble,
yea ide def take it apart at this point anyway just for piece of mind
stump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Bomber Problems

My Yeti Jr had huge issues with grating noise and low speed noise.

After a complete rebuild, i found sand everywhere inside. There was sand lodged in the spur teeth which was causing the gear mesh issues and noise.

My solution was to avoid sand or seal the motor / spur cover with grease and clean up after any sand play session.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote

Bomber Problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making Crawling bomber into trail rig bomber. theTman Axial RR10 Bomber 2 06-10-2016 01:46 PM
Just went out to the track for the FIRST TIME. Problems Problems Problems flyingrc Non Crawler RC's 4 07-23-2012 10:19 PM
Problems problems problems hope it's worth it in the end TJcreeperJEEP Venom Creeper 9 12-22-2009 04:54 PM