Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: c0bra’s solid axle bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra’s solid axle bomber

This isn’t going to be a complete build thread as bit of stuff is already on this thing but I figured it was time to finally start the thread for it.

The idea for the build started months ago when another rcc member pasted a pic of there bomber with a proline 66 f100 body. Immediately after seeing that pic I searched and searched for a bomber kit version but came up empty handed so I instead went for a ready to replace version, I also ordered the same f100 body.

Once they got here I ran the bomber stock for about 5 seconds and immediately took the body off and tried the fit the f100 which I ended up ruining. I also ripped out the Rtr electronics, spare time mount, fuel cell and replaced the plastic motor mount and can with a vp version from a trans I bad sitting around. After that I threw on incision front and steering links with jec trailing arms and uppers

Then unfortunately I lost my job and it sat for 6 months collecting dust.

Now I’m working again so back to the build! First order of business was to replace 98% of the axles with only the bushings and wheel hexs coming over. It’s running black supershafty ss60 axles (they look amazing!) with vp c hubs, knuckles and servo mount. Front axle has axial cvds and the rear has vp shafts, also running an incision spool and incision hd standard ration gears. At the same time I picked up a savox swb-2290 servo and vp horn. The 6-700 oz of torque this servo makes is wayyy more than this thing will ever need.

Next onto power. I spent some time researching power options for more of a u4 style bomber and was able to narrow it down to a roc412hd or a pro4hd, I went with a 3500kv pro4hd motor and will be pairing it with a castle mamba x esc.

Then onto the wheels. Keeping with the u4 theme I decided to go with 2.2 growlers with ci dual stage foams and bronze ssd assassin wheels

As far as the body, I’m not going with stock panels really anywhere except maybe the interior. The body is a proline first gen raptor body that I’ve had sitting around for 2 years with no use so I decided to cut it up. It actually fits rather well but still needs more trimming

Next onto the shocks as you will see in the pics it has rtr front shocks and Bluetooth rear shocks, these will be getting swapped out for proline pro spec rear shocks which I will be ordering this week or next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #2

Default Re: c0bra’s solid axle bomber

Nice build. I'm glad to still see bomber builds.
Harvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
RCC Addict

"Bluetooth rear shocks" haha! I love that, I'm gonna have to use that line the next time someone questions missing parts on one of my cars!
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:01 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The new shocks are finally on there way! Should have an update later this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:07 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post