Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Bomber steering problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2020, 09:07 AM   #1

Default Bomber steering problem

Hey guys, my steering just quit the other day and through many internet searches I have been unable to diagnos the problem. I'm sure the problem would be easily diagnosed by some of you that have more RC experience than me.

I put a Reefs triple 4 servo in about 4 months ago, along with a Castle BEC. I don't remember if it started then or with the original servo, but for a long time the servo has whined a little when sitting still. That setup worked great until about a week ago. Now I have no steering but the servo is constantly vibrating. Also, at the same time it started driving by itself even while I wasn't touching the throttle.

I unplugged the servo from the receiver channel it was on and plugged it in to the throttle spot on the receiever and got steering using the trigger. Now, it won't even do that. I figured that meant bad receiver so I bought a new stock replacement servo (Tactic TR325). That did not help at all.

What is the problem?
68rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Bomber steering problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rockcrawler View Post
Hey guys, my steering just quit the other day and through many internet searches I have been unable to diagnos the problem. I'm sure the problem would be easily diagnosed by some of you that have more RC experience than me.

I put a Reefs triple 4 servo in about 4 months ago, along with a Castle BEC. I don't remember if it started then or with the original servo, but for a long time the servo has whined a little when sitting still. That setup worked great until about a week ago. Now I have no steering but the servo is constantly vibrating. Also, at the same time it started driving by itself even while I wasn't touching the throttle.

I unplugged the servo from the receiver channel it was on and plugged it in to the throttle spot on the receiever and got steering using the trigger. Now, it won't even do that. I figured that meant bad receiver so I bought a new stock replacement servo (Tactic TR325). That did not help at all.

What is the problem?
Bad servo?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i would guess the reefs is bad. unplug the servo, and put your esc in the throttle position. see if your throttle works as it should. if it does, the servo is bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
midwest_rippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:38 AM   #4

It ended up being a bad transmitter/radio. New radio and receiver got steering and throttle back. Servo is still good.

With the old radio it was ghost driving if I shut the radio off before unplugging the battery in the truck. Same deal with new radio and receiver. It will sit still with the radio on so it's not a throttle trim issue.
68rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:00 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

glad you got it working. as a general rule of thumb, always try to turn your transmitter on first, before the truck. and turn the truck off before turning your transmitter off

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
midwest_rippa is offline   Reply With Quote

Bomber steering problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird problem with bomber huntinrod Axial RR10 Bomber 9 04-11-2017 04:01 PM
Problem with Bomber cutting off Micahbomb Axial RR10 Bomber 11 09-06-2016 05:50 PM
Steering/Alignment Problem After Install RPM Steering Knuckles? Barzan724 Newbie General 2 01-21-2016 06:32 PM
SCX 10, Steering problem... more steering one way than the other? C_Money Axial SCX-10 7 12-28-2009 04:54 PM
steering problem.... steering is stuck all the way right lukem80 General Crawlers 10 12-14-2006 11:30 AM