Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Ext Cab Hilux Honcho w/ Steel Bed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #301
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Looking good! Thanks for giving the new kit another shot!
Thanks for letting me try it. I must say I'm rather impressed with the improvements.

I really really want to get this truck "finished". Its taken so long to get to this point. And its drivin so well before now. I really want to get out and thrash on it a bit. And not have to worry about it breaking or getting hung up.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #302
www.team3sixrc.com

WOW,Im really impressed with thoseleafs, I am gonna have to buy some now. You fginally convinced me Aaron and William.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #303
I'm a stupid C U N T!

A well set up leaf spring suspension will perform as well if not better then a 3 or 4 link coil over setup. Personally I think its more predictable and if you are willing to stick out the breakin the springs need and learn to drive a leaf truck you will be pleasently suprised.

As far as leafs go I really like chinos springs, there much more stout then the rc4wd springs while still offering lots of flex. A bad spring choice will break a truck's performance. The OG bruiser leafs are good but you'll have to drill them for the kit, and the highlift springs work to but the are more arched the bruiser or chino's and are much stiffer so you'll have to run no leaf pack and they take longer to break in.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #304
I'm a stupid C U N T!

I've Been asked a few times how and why I did my rear shackles the way I did and how they work. In the 1:1 world the closet thing I could compare them to would be a Johnny Joint or a creeper shackle. The Idea is that the leaf is allowed to twist with the axle as it cycles. In a normal leaf/shackle setup the leaf tries to twist inside the front mount and shackle as the axle articulates up or down, which it can't do which limits travel. This is why people "Chino" their leafs, notching the Eye's so that they are a ^ shape. While that works I'm not to keen on the idea of chopping up a set of leafs, and it's not really something you would do to a 1:1.

By having your shackle on a heim joint the shackle is allowed to rotate in any direction it needs without binding and without compromising the strength of the leaf greatly increasing flex.

In my case I used a C shaped piece with an Axial offset rod end mounted center of the C, then at the chassis I used a bruiser front leaf mount to hold the rod end in place.

Pics say a 1000 words

Attached Images

Old 08-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #305
RcBros Hobbies

Default Re: Ext Cab Hilux Honcho w/ Steel Bed

Bumping an old thread. Just curious what happened to this thing. Wanted to see the bed work all painted up.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote