Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: House's Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #101
RCC Addict

Got the tires today and mounted them up! I like em. Please excuse the missing front bumper lol, just getting ready for my new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadRockNoCookie View Post
Got any flex shots of that 4link in action?
You ask, you shall get

Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Got the tires today and mounted them up! I like em. Please excuse the missing front bumper lol, just getting ready for my new one.

You ask, you shall get
Thanks! I guess I need to add that 4 link to my list of things to purchase.
BadRockNoCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Looking good Gimp.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well I traded in my Two-Face tires for some Rok Lox. I felt like this truck had a little more to give, so I wanted to try a different tire.

Also painted my wheels gloss black, de-anodized rings, and re-detailed the hubs. The wheels are temporary until I get a set of Mayhem Trail Shooters (wanted to make sure I liked the color combo).

However, I can't decide which rings to put on the wheel face for now, so I need some input. Big or small rings?

Small-Big

Small

Big

My DH Fab bumper should be done soon too!
I went with small and switched to blue

kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #105
RCC Addict

I need to get me some of them fancy rok lox tires for my honcho. I took the front bumper off mine because I got tires of not being able to make anything.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Thanks alot guys! I'm really pleased with the wheel/tire combo. Now I'm just waiting on the DH Fab bumper to be finished up.

Beings I have some down time, I packed my axles full of grease. Somehow I forgot while I was waterproofing everything else a few weeks ago.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks alot guys! I'm really pleased with the wheel/tire combo. Now I'm just waiting on the DH Fab bumper to be finished up.

Beings I have some down time, I packed my axles full of grease. Somehow I forgot while I was waterproofing everything else a few weeks ago.
You know, I actually read about people greasing their axles because some have found a pile of rust when they opened them up. Just didn't think we needed to since you never mentioned it lol I'll have to do that soon!

But the wheel/tire combo looks awesome! I like the black with small bare metal ring. How soon are you upgrading the wheels?
cbp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #108
Pebble Pounder

I like your truck with the blue bealocks, try black rims though
LJ_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #109
RCC Addict

I'll probably keep these wheels a while, I like em lol. I forgot to mention the grease in the axle because I forgot mine too lol.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #110
RCC Addict

Try using green waterproof grease. I use it in my axles and trans. If it is good enough for boat axle bearings, it should do fine in the rigs. I had to clean an axle out once and it looked brand new all the way through. There were no signs of water ingress and some of my holes in the top of the axle were open at the time.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #111
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
Try using green waterproof grease. I use it in my axles and trans. If it is good enough for boat axle bearings, it should do fine in the rigs. I had to clean an axle out once and it looked brand new all the way through. There were no signs of water ingress and some of my holes in the top of the axle were open at the time.

Wes
I like to use Mobil 1 Synthetic. When I put the gears in the rear 6 months ago, I used it (like I do on everything else). Didn't find a trace of water, but I packed it full this time anyway. When I opened up the front, a found a little water and the carrier bearings weren't as nice as the rest of them (found water spray in the pumpkin). So I shot the bearings with WD40 and packed the diff with grease.... good to go
Old 07-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #112
RCC Addict

Well, I'm selling the Honcho body. I just bought a Pro-Line Bronco CGR - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=PRO331060

I'm thinking either silver or metallic gray with black fender flares and interior.

I'll see if I can get the thread's name changed too.

Last edited by Gimp; 07-31-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:58 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Well, I'm selling the Honcho body. I just bought a Pro-Line Bronco CGR - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=PRO331060

I'm thinking either silver or metallic gray with black fender flares and interior.

I'll see if I can get the thread's name changed too.
Switching already?! I guess I figured you'd ditch Toyota for something born in the USA sooner or later haha

I'm sure it's going to be an awesome truck!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #114
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp27 View Post
Switching already?! I guess I figured you'd ditch Toyota for something born in the USA sooner or later haha

I'm sure it's going to be an awesome truck!
Thanks, can't wait to get it. What are you doing with the Dingo body? I might have to borrow it this weekend if the Honcho sells and you still have it lol.

Maybe I could buy the windshield and fender flares from you, if you want (and if they look good on it)?

Last edited by Gimp; 08-01-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks, can't wait to get it. What are you doing with the Dingo body? I might have to borrow it this weekend if the Honcho sells and you still have it lol.

Maybe I could buy the windshield and fender flares from you, if you want (and if they look good on it)?
Yeah definitely! I owe you!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Picked up some paint today...
Body will be Indy Silver
Hood, fender flares, and interior will be outlaw black

Hopefully I'll get the body by the end of this week (not holding my breath) and get some color laid down early next week.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #117
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Picked up some paint today...
Body will be Indy Silver
Hood, fender flares, and interior will be outlaw black

Hopefully I'll get the body by the end of this week (not holding my breath) and get some color laid down early next week.

Don't forget to trim the overspray film off of the fender flares to spray them black for a matte finish! ...if you want to. haha
Good color choice though!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp27 View Post
Don't forget to trim the overspray film off of the fender flares to spray them black for a matte finish! ...if you want to. haha
Good color choice though!
Thanks for reminding me! I'll do the flares from the outside for the matte finish (just in case those TR flares don't work out).
Old 08-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #119
RCC Addict

Still haven't gotten the body yet, but I did order up some bumpers. I got the RC4WD Tough Armor Front Winch bumper and the matching rear.

http://rc4wdstore.com/2/product_info...d54a974a322c3c

http://rc4wdstore.com/2/product_info...d54a974a322c3c
Old 08-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #120
RCC Addict

Bumpers and body should be here by the weekend, looking at the tracking. I'll try to get some color laid down early next week. I also might be using a SCX10 TR windshield and flares if they look good on it. Look out for pics next week!