Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Greg's SCX10 TR Honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

I canceled my RTR order and got the kit instead. I like the quality and attention to detail that Axial put into this truck.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Action shots:

grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

looks great you have redifined rtr
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #24
RCC Addict

I got bored today, and tore the front end of this guy apart...

First on the agenda was to get rid of the crappy 3link. I didn't mind the fact that it was plastic, but all the dang movement wasn't cool. I tore it apart, installed a plastic 4link truss that came with the kit, and used a couple links I had to finish it off.

A good eye will spot what I've done with the steering... I'll post pics/info as soon as I get it all buttoned back up
Old 06-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #25
RCC Addict

I think I'm done with the steering... for now

Here's a pic without the servo mounted. I basically just used the stock plate, and bolted it to the frame using existing holes. The plastic servo "blocks" are incorrect in the picture. I turned them around (so the screws go in from the top).

The Servo now sits pretty high. It still clears the body, and I know moving the servo didn't help my COG any, but I'm lovin the looks already. Having it up that high also allowed me to get rid of most of my linkage interefereance (sp?). My links are pretty well bind free, and only come in contact with the frame in one spot.

that one spot would be the drag link hitting the frame while flexing upwards on the driver's side. I could let it ride, though, I'll probably limit the front shocks just a bit

I'm now working on making plate similar to Bowtie's plate, to mount my battery next to my servo. I'll update once I get it figured out
Old 06-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I messed with the steering... again... for the last time!... maybe...

I took the spacers from under the tierod, which lowered everything down and eased my drag-link to chassis dillema. Then I had the brilliant idea to put a spacer between my servo horn, and the drag link; it worked perfect. I had another Axial rod end laying around, and went ahead and threw it on as well. There is no need for me to limit my shocks now! I only hit in one small area: The bolt from the servo horn hits the tie rod under heavy articulation... (I should have taken a pic...) I'll either let it ride, or get a file after it!

I did notice that there is quite a bit of play in the servo. Particularly at the horn. I'm now itching for an HS645MG with an aluminum horn! I'll have to place an order once I get me check

I'm still brainstorming about the battery plate, but Bowtie's plate is lookin dang nice. If I can't figure something out on my own, I might have to order one of those with my check as well...

Updates as the come
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #27
RCC Addict

I couldn't figure out anything for a battery plate, so I threw a brace between the front shocks (the rigidity is awesome), and called it a night