Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Help me get back up to speed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2016, 07:01 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Help me get back up to speed.

been out of the crawling scene for 8yrs or so and have no idea where to find all the goodies and not sure which ones will suit my needs.

I got a used Deadbolt that is mostly stock as far as I can tell. I am not really interested in maintaining the scale aspect so much, I just want to make it into an all out crawling rig that performs as close to a 2.2 comp rig as it can. I see so many options for chubs, knuckles, tubes, wheels and it gets to be overwhelming. I am pretty sure I wanna run 2.2's if they will fit, I know the body will need trimming but that's whatever. What are a good heavy set of beadlocks that wont break the bank? Would wideners be overkill? What compatibility issues are there with chubs/knuckles? I am pretty sure I want to get the Brass Knuckles since they look beefy and heavy as well as beef tubes. What axles will work best with these and offer good steering range or are there other heavy knuckle options?

It will be a little while before I can justify spending much money on this thing and I still need to get a good radio and batteries for it. Just trying to get the ball rolling on my plan of attack. In the mean time I am going to make new susp/steer links, 4-link the front axle and do what I can to flip and mirror the trans.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2016, 07:07 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Help me get back up to speed.

also, what are some good shock options? saw a set of King knock-offs on here for cheap. The truck came with a lift kit installed but I turned them 90* so they lay the shock back toward chassis center. Definitely helped soften the suspension and gave it a bit more flex but the shocks are far from being as smooth and soft as id like. Considering a droop or partial droop setup like my last rig had. just not sure what shocks to start with.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
RCC Addict

If you want the performance of a 2.2 Comp rig, why not build one? There are several shafty crawler aftermarket chassis options out there and all of which would be much more ideal for what you want, than trying to mod a scale truck to work.

Check out the RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech - Axial AX-10 Scorpion at RCCrawler.com section. I think you will be much happier with the end result.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I know that this truck won't produce comp type results. I just meant that I want it to be as capable of crawling as possible with little concern for the scale side of things. I don't have the terrain at my house to justify a full on comp rig, that's why I settled for this one. It seems to look really nice and looks like it can still perform pretty well with the right equipment and setup. Ultimately I would've liked a 2.2 comp tuber but those aren't very common and cost a lot of money to build up. Is the info in the ax-10 section relevant to the SCX10 Deadbolt?

Help me get back up to speed. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tf2 with 2 speed transmission and 2 speed transfer case Teasley4Crawlers RC4WD Trail Finder 2 9 12-02-2014 10:34 AM
DMG Stiffy Kit: Long Back or Short Back DrDiff952 Axial Wraith 0 01-14-2014 09:48 PM
F350 3 speed to single speed conversion, tips/ideas needed please neo 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 02-11-2010 02:49 PM