Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: suspension question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default suspension question?

Hey guys so, as you can tell from my post I'm completely noob at the scale stuff thats why I'm coming to yall! I've wheeled 1:1 stuff all my life but between projects i got into this scale crawling, so back to the question! I recently got a stock Scx10 Honcho RTR and first i waterproofed all the electronics, I want to run 2.2 tires on it eventually but for now just wanted a little more travel in the suspension. I converted the front 3-link to a 4-link like the rear, and put some longer shocks on, after doing so I noticed the stock axial drive shafts were binding at the tranny output shafts on the drive line, on the drive shaft its self, it was separating from the increase in lift! My question is can I fix this with out replacing the drive shafts, and if not what drive shafts would you guys recommend for the increased angle of the cv's? thanks for all the answers in advance I know I'll get alot of them as I'v rear through numerous threads and can tell your a great group of guys and gals to ask advice from!

Nate!
The-Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: suspension question?

Well now c'mon guys a little help/advice please, I see you looking just no replies! Help a fella out, c'mon, whatta ya say?
Old 01-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
RCC Addict

if you clock the axles that will free up you drive shafts. ive got 4inch shocks on mine and the shafts are smooth as silk. the stock shfts wont last you to long tho, look at some MIP shafts it will be the last set you buy.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

okay, as far as clocking them ill have to either buy new longer top links or make my own correct? thanks for your reply!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Yup thats what he means by clocking, Longer uppers to reduce the drive shaft angle. Only downside to doing this on the front is you lose caster.
WIDELOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

yea i realie that, but in the same sentance there are adjustable nuckles that are caster adjustable correct? a link to that would be great, i am really getting addicted to this in a quick fast hurry im runnin y-d-op with it thats for sure!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yea they have clockable Cs to correct your issue of loosing some caster. Im with you though, i just picked up a scx-10 scale project and im getting hooked with this scale stuff!!
ToTheMAXXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Just an FYI. All the questions you are asking have been covered. You aren't getting responses because you need to put in work and read these threads. Use the search, read the threads(not just picture reading).

You will get out of this site what you put into it. Read, read, read. Support the vendors, read about their products and shop through them.

Be a good crawler addict and put in work!
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
Just an FYI. All the questions you are asking have been covered. You aren't getting responses because you need to put in work and read these threads. Use the search, read the threads(not just picture reading).

You will get out of this site what you put into it. Read, read, read. Support the vendors, read about their products and shop through them.

Be a good crawler addict and put in work!
Woh Woh Woh, mate back the truck up a little, he's asked a question that's all.

How to put someone off the forum in one post.

The junfac drive shafts are great. If you get the axial aluminium link hop up it comes with aluminium spacers too so you can clock your axle.
If you also get the axial aluminium steering knuckle hop up it comes with caster adjustment.

Enjoy and let us know the outcome.
northernerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

hey thanks northern bill i apreciate it, i have been doin some reasearch and decided im gonna make some custom links, i also had a pair of integy :( driveshafts given to me, aswell asso aluminum pieces that you where talking about and i can see the adjustment holes, i appreciate the help all of you, even the smug ones! all your information has helped!

suspension question? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
suspension question... brianw General Scale Talk 1 05-13-2010 04:33 PM
suspension question minor_threat Axial AX-10 Scorpion 17 03-10-2009 08:40 PM
suspension question pantablo Newbie General 7 02-17-2008 06:51 AM
suspension question BrandonW Newbie General 11 11-27-2007 11:33 PM
suspension question owen Newbie General 8 12-19-2006 04:15 PM