Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: What are your recomendations?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default What are your recomendations?

Howwwwdy Folks, Nate here!
Which shocks are right for me?
G-made G-Transition or Pro-line Powerstrokes

So I have a 2011 Scx-10 RTR after a month or so of bashing it and testing out various things, breaking things, fixing things, moding things, putting things back to stock, I now have a Honcho, with 4-link front and rear, water proofed and relocated electronics, lowered the batter to right in front of the motor and trans, clocked the trans 180* to help with torque twist and water proofed the rest of the truck, (greased axles and trans) locked up the trans (removed slipper), installed alum. c-hubs front and rear, installed "I think there called" cvd's in my front axles, they help improve the angles the truck can steer to prevent binding, and installed 1.9 Irok's on 1.9 Rc4wd's Pro10 Stamped Internal beadlock wheels! (Awsome lookin' and performing combo by the way! They are DY-NO-MITE!"THUMBSUP") It's now time for me to do shock upgrades! After much reading and research I haven't found information regarding to exactly what I'm looking for, and what kind of terrain I'll be driving on. I'm leaning in between the 90-95mm Pro-Line Powerstroke Shocks, and the 90mm G-Made G-Transition Shocks (in droop set-up), I live in Middle Tennessee, and here we have alot of hills, logging roads, mud, water, bluffs, rocky ares, four wheeler trails and I like to scale on them all! I'm interested in hearing your guys opinions on what YOU think I should run, and the pro's and con's to both of these shock types, and maybe your experiences with both of them! I like the idea of the droop setup with the G-Made's, but also like the looks and stylings of the Powerstrokes and have read great things about them also, but have read things about both of them leaking badly, and the G-Made's having tendencies to make the truck bobbly, or acts like there is no up-travel, due to the drooped set up, I'm just not sure which shock type would work best for me? Thanks for all the opinions and advice ahead of time, everytime I need help you guys come to my rescue! If you need any more information to help me figure this out, just ask and I'll be happy to help you, help me!

Last edited by The-Blacksheep; 02-05-2012 at 10:43 AM.
The-Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: What are your recomendations?

really no responses? im asking for help here....
Old 02-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I've been runnin the proline powerstroke's for about a year now haven't had any leaking problems what so ever. I put 45wt traxxas oil in em they work great for me with the stiffer springs on. They we're one of the first things I bought for mine. Just my 2cents.
Travis24vctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I love my Prolines. I went with a lighter oil, 30 wt, and they just suck up anything I throw at them with ease. I run 2.2 tires and it took all of the"bounce" that I got with the stock shocks out.
Carolina Scaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

team associated SC10 rear shocks on the front and rear of my honcho. adds 1/2 inch of lift, way more flex, and aluminum bodys, compaired to the stock axials. i got mine on ebay for $1 plus $3 shipping. so i have a total of $8 in my shocks
stick-boy-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

thanks for the advice on the prolines guys any input on the g-made's? pro's or con's?
Old 02-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

the gmade ones can be too tall with mip's.. buddies rig needs to be lowered a hair because they are sooo tall. so limit them if you get the gmade ones. i run the stock ones.
pitcher2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

thanks, looks like proline it is, hope i make the right choice!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

You won't be disappointed. You might just have to play around with shock oil weights to fit your driving style
Travis24vctd is offline   Reply With Quote

What are your recomendations? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Servo recomendations sullivanscx10 Axial Wraith 4 01-23-2012 07:44 PM
recomendations?? George014 Electronics 12 11-24-2011 12:49 AM
Battery recomendations redneck999 Axial SCX-10 1 04-08-2010 08:30 PM
Need some help/recomendations WK Joe Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 12-12-2008 11:34 PM