Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New SCX10 review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New SCX10 review

I want some info from people who have bought the rtr kit I know I can go to there website but I want some user info so if any of you have bought one in the rtr kit please post pros and cons thank you
josborne024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New SCX10 review

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/search.php?f=160
SkinInc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

What specifically do you wanna know? It is an rtr and a lot can be upgraded some is needed and some is cosmetic. Also depends on what you'll be running for powa and how you'll run it. Also depends on spares/raw materials you have whether or not an rtr would suit you. For instance an rtr is a waste to me, I'd keep axles/tranny/chassis that's about all I need. Others need the rest to have a running rig.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I want to know how the rtr kit is .I know there's tons of up grades out there I don't want to know about that stuff I want to know how it is stock not the kit the rtr . I haven't been able to find a good review of the new one the silver adventure series one . I'll do the upgrades later thank you sorry if I put this in the wrong place
Old 02-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'll put one of my old 6 cell batts. on it and run it I've looked on YouTube and all I get is little kids talking about it looked on here to the best I could and turned up nothing thanks for the help
Old 02-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

you'll be happy with it. just start looking though the SCX10 forum and you'll find everything you could possibly want to know about this rig.
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
RCC Addict

When I got into scalers I started with both kit and rtr. On the rtr (daughters rig) I did wind up upgrading everything. If you do go with rtr I would recommend replacing the plastic steering parts first. Drive it and replace other parts as you feel you need to. Good luck.

Sent from my new phone using tapatalk.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #8

i love my new scx 10 rtr (silver body) 90022.............ready to run out of the box. the only issue i found was the bullet conectors to the motor leads were not fully seated..this was causing some glitching....but it was an easy fix....oh and i lost one bolt in my rear diff..my fault for not checking!!!

the rip saw tires...yup, they are great, super sticky. but with the glued setup it made it hard to properly weight the wheels. ripsaw tires are good , glued wheels suck. I have since changed them out for 2.2 proline hammers off my son's ax10...he is not to happy about it!!

AE2 ESC very good.

RTR four link in rear...nice

Wild Boar drive shafts...nice...if they are stong enough for a wraith, they should be plenty strong for a trail truck.

drilled out shafts to prevent drive shaft issues...very nice

LED lights are a nice feature.

Silver paint, looks refreshing and new.......too nice to scratch up!!

The bigest problem will be getting replacement parts....lets hope that will change.
2012Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
RCT
Rock Stacker

I bought my SCX10 RTR Honcho about a month ago and all I can say is that out of the box, this thing can climb just about anything. It's incredibly effective and although it doesn't have all the shinny bits and upgrades that the uild kit has, I honestly think it's totally moot. I've got the mod itch and want to make mine customized to me, but there's absolutely no purpose - it's supremely capable out of the box.
My only gripe is glue-on tires and a whole bunch of plastic that seems a bit flimsy, but all of that has no effect on how capable this rig is.
Buy one, you'll never regret it.
RCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

When i got my rtr dingo there was not much grease in both axles and transmission. That would be the first you should check. Then replace the stock electronics. Hope this helps!
raiders32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I agree with RCT, its a great little rig, loads of fun and surprisingly capable in stock form. All the bits work well together as a package, although its plastic. I will be running mine in its first comp this weekend in stock form and I’m not concerned that it won’t perform. It’s a tad top heavy, not CR-01 kinda heavy though. this is easily remedied by shuffling the electronics and battery around. easy free fix.

other than that, its fantastic rig and gets the job done with a lot of space and areas for you to tinker with. You won’t go wrong.

Cheers
T
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

RCsparks's vids are top notch.

This is an unboxing vid of the new Honcho RTR where he gives some of his opinions and discribes the differences bewteen the old and the new.

RC ADVENTURES - NEW AXiAL SCX10 4X4 RTR Unboxing: RCSparks Decals Included! - YouTube

He has lots of experience with the Axial platforms too so knows what he is talking about. I haven't checked lately but he may have a review vid out on it....if not keep checking back.

Hope it helps in some way.
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr lee View Post
RCsparks's vids are top notch.

This is an unboxing vid of the new Honcho RTR where he gives some of his opinions and discribes the differences bewteen the old and the new.

RC ADVENTURES - NEW AXiAL SCX10 4X4 RTR Unboxing: RCSparks Decals Included! - YouTube

He has lots of experience with the Axial platforms too so knows what he is talking about. I haven't checked lately but he may have a review vid out on it....if not keep checking back.

Hope it helps in some way.
Ehhh...
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote

New SCX10 review - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10 Magazine review BOB8789 Newbie General 3 02-20-2011 07:28 PM
My SCX10 Honcho RTR review CentralCoaster Axial SCX-10 8 08-04-2010 05:06 PM
R-2 Review ToyotaKing88 General Scale Talk 7 01-04-2007 02:51 PM