Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Wroncho Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Wroncho Bronco

The real stuff starts at post 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well after selling the scale never ending Bronco off I have now moved on to a diffrent Bronco project. This one will be less time consuming and pretty much straight forward and mostly bolt on.

My wife bought me a Honcho kit for Christmas. I had intentions to run the stock wheelbase with a tundra body and be able to swap around the Tundra, Honcho, and my pride reduced extended cab 2011 New Bright F 150 1:8. Well then my gears started turning and well......heres what I have so far. This is very very early and the body is going away for a full body. I also am sorting the rear axle tonight as well to get the wheelbase right. The rear of the chassis is pretty much done but I am still sorting out the front and how to attach the SCX frame to the Wraith frame. I do have the interior as well unpainted.......gotta love RPP salvage yard...Let me know what you think.

PICS.....

(FIRST ONE HAD MY KAWASAKI PHONE CASE ON AND GAVE IT A HAZE>>>I KINDA LIKE IT)

Last edited by drtrydr2000; 03-30-2012 at 07:17 AM.
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wroncho Bronco

I think I'm startin to dig the wraith cage on an scx-10 platform but I was unsure on how difficult it would be to attach it to the frame. Let us know how that goes. Great start!
RksPlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Looks good so far. I may have to try this.
Scott105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RksPlz View Post
I think I'm startin to dig the wraith cage on an scx-10 platform but I was unsure on how difficult it would be to attach it to the frame. Let us know how that goes. Great start!
It was actually pretty easy since it was all plastic. The rear holes for the battery tray on the wraith match the holes in the rear cross member on the scx 10 perfect. I should have taken pics of it going together. The front just needs a small bracket (thinking tamiya leaf shackle) and it will be mounted as well. You can actually use the wraith shock mounts as well but I plan a full interior eventually so the rear was modded with the bumper mounts and another wraith chassis piece.Right now everything is rough cut and will get cleaned up later. I got the leafs mounted and it looks even better. Ill get better pics since I have daylight now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott105 View Post
Looks good so far. I may have to try this.
Thanks! Go for it. Its pretty easy.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
NJK
Quarry Creeper

I love those wheels it's sexy lol I'll be watching this build first wronco I've seen.
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks. The wheels are a little big I think. I have the 1.7 IROKS on it right now. I am eventually going to be running some 1.7 wheels as well.

UPDATE: Got the interior mounted and painted (too copper for me it will get redone) Ditched the leafs for now. The wheelbase is right at 10" for the Bronco body. I have to grind down a little on the cage in the rear. The tires rub a little. Shocks are obviously getting replaced and moved.

The big next project is centering the skid so I can actually mount the tranny.

PICS: In the 2nd pic the chassis looks twisted it is actually that way because the front left shock is not mounted.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Wow this one got away from me. It has been a long delay but finally moving forward again. I changed the body up and finally got a set of bumpers for it. This is becoming my favorite Bronco build.

Updated so far:
- New Body
- RC4wd Bumpers with reign tire mount
- Lights (not shown) -head light, tail light, brake light, rev light, and even marker lights
- Mickey Thompson Claws

Next purchase
- Proline floorplan
- New Interior lexan
- Shocks (to fit that crazy rear shock setup I got goin on there
- SURPRISE wheels (on the way)
- Custom tires to fit new wheels
- Winch with all the scale goodies
- Proline scale stuff

Later down the road-----K44 AXLES!!!!!!

Not much else to say so I will let the pics do the talking.....oh one thing next update SHOULD have a surprise for the wheels and tires...stay tuned...

Old 03-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Only thing I would try to do Is get the rear shocks straighter. Other then that it looks awsome!!! Keep up the good work
Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty530crawlers View Post
Only thing I would try to do Is get the rear shocks straighter. Other then that it looks awsome!!! Keep up the good work
he just needs to move the body mount froward from the honcho position.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote

Wroncho Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
eric113's Wroncho eric113 Axial SCX-10 13 06-23-2012 12:28 AM
My Wroncho... Tmaxxed Axial SCX-10 6 02-29-2012 10:07 PM