Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My Locked UP RC Giveaway Hummer build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default My Locked UP RC Giveaway Hummer build

I am waiting on some parts and some cash to get more parts for it but once everything comes in I will start posting some pics but wanted to go ahead and start the thread for some body mounting ideas. I have never done a hard body mount before so any ideas would be great. It is starting as a 2.2 SCX10 Honcho that I have only had going for about a week and won the hummer so I gotta try it out.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Default Re: My Locked UP RC Giveaway Hummer build

Subscribed & looking forward to seeing this one!

You can see what I did with mine here:
Locked Up's SCX10 - Trail Ready H2

Let me know if you have any questions.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
Subscribed & looking forward to seeing this one!

You can see what I did with mine here:
Locked Up's SCX10 - Trail Ready H2

Let me know if you have any questions.
Very nice looks like I have a lot of work to do to make mine as nice as yours. I will post the start pics in the next couple of days and more as I get stuff going on it.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Ok here are a few pics to start it off. To start it off is what I am going from and going to them the start of the hacking up the new body pics. I had to cut out part of the floor to get it to sit down over the top of the trans and spur gear so it didn't sit so high. This is my first actual build thread. I usually just build them and post pics later but I will try to do this right.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Couple of more pics. I got the front bumper hacked up to fit the way I want and the rear hacked up with plan to get or make a bumper with a hitch for the rear. I made some mounts up and the body is going to be held on with velcro. Hopefully that works as planned it seems to mount up nicely so far. I still have to finish up my side steps front bumper and actually mount my electronics but this is where I am so far. I am also waiting on some other parts and looking for another set of wheels that I think will make it look better.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Got a little more done. I relocated the electronics made some brackets for the sliders and the front bumper hooked up led lights and a few other things. My other wheels I ordered for it should be here the first of the week then I will just be waiting on the HD gears for the front and rear that I have ordered and I still need to order some metal gears for the tranny. It is all going to be pin through stuff like the new scx10 and wraith. Here are a few pics I am still trying to come up with some ideas on the rear bumper I want it to come up to the bottom of the back of the hummer and have a trailer hitch which the hitch part is what has been killing me. I havn't been able to find anything to make it with so I am open for ideas if anybody has any and wants to post pics of any I would appreciate it.
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Ok I have started on the rear bumper so this is the start of it. I am trying to figure out how to add a hitch so I have kinda stopped on it now till I figure out how to do the hitch. I am planning on useing keystock for the hitch itself with a ball on it but I have kinda had issues finding something to use for it to hook into to mount to the bumper. Here are pics of what I have so far on the bumper.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Finally have most everything found and on the way to finish up the hitch on the bumper so as soon as it all gets here I will post more pics. I also have new springs on the way to hopefully be able to get my suspension fixed up. After that is done then I will get some wheel well stuff done to help the looks a little more. Then it will be time to start on my trailer for this to haul I think. I will have to give it a good test run first. The one I did this past weekend just showed me what needed done with the suspension mostly.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Well I took it for a test drive yesterday and didn't get to even test drive it. I am not sure what happend but I noticed when I plugged the battery in it made a big spark and a pop then it started running wide open in reverse so I have to call castle tomorrow and see if they will warranty my esc since it isn't but about a month old. I tried to calibrate it and it wouldn't the second I plug it in it runs wide open reverse. Kinda sucks since its only the second time I have even used it. I guess while I am waiting for the new one to get here I will get started on the trailer and maybe be able to finish the hitch.

My Locked UP RC Giveaway Hummer build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Locked Up's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Build Thread Locked Up RC4WD Trail Finder 2 26 03-04-2012 08:08 PM
GIVEAWAY!!! - Locked Up RC Locked Up General Crawlers 82 02-19-2012 05:37 PM
Locked Up's XR10 build Locked Up Axial XR10 60 03-06-2011 10:10 PM
2.2 Hummer build. ToTheMAXXcrawler 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 05-06-2010 08:56 AM
Axial AX10 Locked Axle Set and Locked Transmission Xtant3150c General Crawlers 13 07-22-2007 01:39 PM