Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: The new wrangler or a honcho?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default The new wrangler or a honcho?

Hey guys I already own a wraith and I am considering buying a Honcho or the new wrangler unlimited rubicon.

But i am wondering about the parts available for the wrangler.. Do they use the exact same parts? The wrangler is abit longer and wider then the honcho?

Any other pros or cons to buy the one or the other?

Thx in advance
Jigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: The new wrangler or a honcho?

I don't know about the wrangler because I haven't had one, but I've got a honcho, dingo, wraith, exo, slash and rustler.

But my honcho is the most dependable out of my rigs very easy to fix and there's tons of aftermarket parts, the only thing I've broke on mine in 8 months is a driveshaft, but I also upgraded my knuckles so I don't know if there weak or not. But I hope this helps in your decision. And once you get it your gonna have lots of fun!!
SCALER14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Definitely the honcho ;)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
barebones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

The Honcho and Jeep are exactly the same trucks, ecxept for a few differences on the Jeep. The Jeep comes with the regular three linked front, but has a four linked rear. The Jeep also has sway bar mounts on each (front and rear) bumper mounts. If it was my choice, I would definatly buy the new Jeep. I really enjoy the scale looks and I am a Jeep fan myself. Check out the Axial website for more info on both trucks. Hope this helps!
LetsGoMuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #5

Yep. Same wheelbase, but adds some new stuff. The four link parts are on the extra parts tree if you don't want the stock 3 link. I went with the wrangler, and am super happy I did.
Mitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Depends what you like, if you like Jeeps get the Jeep body, if you like the truck look get the Honcho. A lot of people have been jumping on the Jeep band wagon for a while and now since Axial released the Jeep, the Jeep is flooding the trails, I like the truck look so I went with the Honcho and bought the bed side kit for it to fill it out completely.
arctichorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Nothing's says that you can't have both. You can can buy the Honcho and then buy the wrangler body or the other way around.
Switching would only take a few minutes.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Well if they use the exact same parts i think I'm going for the wrangler rubicon I was just asking because i have to buy all of the aftermarket parts of ebay since there are almost no parts to be found in norwegian shops. And i really like that there are so much to choose from to the scx

But dont the wrangler rubicon have slightly wider wheelbase then the honcho? So that like the honco alu steering links wont fit?
Jigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

The trucks are the same specs. Basically Anything for the honcho, chassis and running gear wise will fit.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
Well if they use the exact same parts i think I'm going for the wrangler rubicon I was just asking because i have to buy all of the aftermarket parts of ebay since there are almost no parts to be found in norwegian shops. And i really like that there are so much to choose from to the scx

But dont the wrangler rubicon have slightly wider wheelbase then the honcho? So that like the honco alu steering links wont fit?
The Honcho and the JK have the same wheel base so all of the SCX-10 parts will fit it. So if you ever get tired of the JK body, you can even change to links to use a shorter body.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote

The new wrangler or a honcho? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trail Honcho Vs. New Wrangler Rubicon? BodiBuilt Axial SCX-10 14 11-18-2012 03:31 PM
14 Trucks: Defender D90 D110 Dingo Wrangler Land Cruiser Honcho Crawler King Hummer boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 07-29-2012 05:51 PM
10 Trucks Offroad Bangkit Road Defender 90 xxx Traction Wrangler Unimog Honcho Dingo boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 06-27-2012 05:28 AM
Honcho gone wrangler OlyRoller Axial SCX-10 24 12-06-2011 06:27 PM