Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Will this solve 8 degree Vanquish knuckle wheel clearance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #1

Default Will this solve 8 degree Vanquish knuckle wheel clearance

I am installing some upgrades to the Honcho. Links,servo,axles,wheels.tires,etc and vanquish stage one kit. The stage one kit with the 8 degree knuckles may cause a tire clearance problem. I bought an extender kit but would rather not use it. So I am going to try reversing the wheels. They are RC4wd 1.9 beadlock steel wheels. I thought I would put the outside of the wheel with the shallow dish on the inside which would place the wheel further from the knuckle and give me more room between the tire and the links. As you have guessed I am new to this so if you see problems please tell me. I will post result, good or bad.

Moe
moejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Will this solve 8 degree Vanquish knuckle wheel clearance

Hey Moe,

I'm in the midst of the same problem.....I have a Honcho did the Axial Links, RC4WD DC 1.9 beadlocks, Pitbull tires and the Stage 1 kit from Vanquish. Bottom line, I need 12mm hex extenders and a lengthened steering linkage to make the Vanquish kit work. I got a hold of some TLR 22sct hexes in the +1.5mm size and they work. Just waiting on Amain to deliver the Vanquish Steering linkage (For currie Axles) although I have confirmed that it is the right length. Fingers crossed!
RichMTB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I would try wider hexes before reversing the dish on your wheels. But yes. That should work.

You might be new but you've obviously done great research and are doing things right so good job

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #4

They also sell different hubs you can use to push you wheel out further to get the clearance you need.
ROCKCRAWLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

All worked out! The Ti currie steering links worked perfect!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
RichMTB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #6

Finished installing the upgrades but ran into a problem with the tie rod link being to short by about 12mm. It was for the stock axles housings and Vanquish are about 12mm wider. I was happy with the shape of the link so wanted to extend it. Searched the net for longer ball links but could find nothing, then I discovered a set of turnbuckle links with longer ball links from Traxxas and I put these ball links on my tie rod and it worked perfect.
I am now trying to learn how to paint using an air brush. I find the biggest challenge will be mixing paint to the right consistency so it doesn't sag etc. Nothing but fun,fun,fun. Oh yea I forgot to mention that reversing my RC4wd bead lock wheels did not work. I have ordered a set of 9mm off set hex adapters by RC4wd that should work fine and not be as wide as the 13mm ones I have now.
Moe
moejean is offline   Reply With Quote

Will this solve 8 degree Vanquish knuckle wheel clearance - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8 degree knuckle weights bigron Axles, Trannys, T-case 20 09-06-2011 10:02 PM
30 degree angle high clearance links for the front TACORICAN Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 10-30-2010 11:24 AM
30 Degree link clearance? Deezul Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 05-05-2008 01:51 PM