Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: best CMS option

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default best CMS option

I have a scx-10 dingo, I am looking to put a four link all the way around on it... I know that I need to put a cms on it to be able to do that. I was wondering what the best option is? I know alot of people make their own but I am not type of person as I am a computer programmer, so the building most likely would not turn out all that well.

Thanks
Huber1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: best CMS option

You don't need to do a cms for a four link. The cms would generaly work against the four link and cause binding. Why are you wanting to four link the front, I've been told there is no real advantage to this mod.

Last edited by greenjk; 04-08-2013 at 03:35 PM.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I'd go 4 link rear, panhard bar in front if your going with a Chassis Mounted Servo.

however you can 4 link the front and leave the servo on the axle as well.
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

right now. Level3 is the only CMS kit out. VP is working on one but havent released it yet.
PontiacGT201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGT201 View Post
right now. Level3 is the only CMS kit out. VP is working on one but havent released it yet.
Hand Brothers too.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
Good luck finding one.
322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 322 View Post
Good luck finding one.
Good point, I missed that part.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

It is 100% possible to have a front 4-link with a CMS setup. I know, because I've been running this for over a year with no binding issues. My CMS is a DIY version using the stock servo plate. I always planned to go 3-link with panhard, but never got around to fabbing panhard mounts. Now that I've got time to make the stuff, I just came across a NIP Hand Bro's kit in a trade, but I'll probably use it on another rig and DIY some mounts like originally planned

I would either DIY something or wait for the VP kit to release, which I'd assume will be this Spring since the cat is out of the bag already.
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #9

I'm Planning on doing the 4-link with the CMS as well. I just completed the 4-link last night, now i'm just waiting to pick up the level 3 kit.

I know the stock position causes some binding and limited flex for me when using the 4-link front suspension setup, So im going to utilize the CMS.
rogue1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
You don't need to do a cms for a four link. The cms would generaly work against the four link and cause binding. Why are you wanting to four link the front, I've been told there is no real advantage to this mod.
I have a cms and 4 link. It works fine, and I don't even use a panhard. that was the whole reason of doing the 4link for me.

The difference is stability. Less side-to-side axle sway. I love it. I have 4link all around.
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I've ran several cms with a 4 link and had no problems with binding, to me a panhard bar is usless on a triangular four link set up.....thats the whole reason for this design is to keep the axle centered without using a panhard, its used in 1:1 designs to like on a lowrider with air bags with a traditional 4 link with a panhard when you lay it down the panhard pushes the rear axle to one side and has to be adjusted at ride height so its not dog leggin down the road, on crawlers its a much simpler design to do a triangular 4 link than to worry about panhard bars and geometry
srt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDROX97 View Post
I have a cms and 4 link. It works fine, and I don't even use a panhard. that was the whole reason of doing the 4link for me.

The difference is stability. Less side-to-side axle sway. I love it. I have 4link all around.
+1, 'Merica.
rogue1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

GCM also make a CMS kit and offer a panhard kit too if you want to go that route. I run a GCM CMS and 4 link with no panhard and I am happy with it.
french_connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I was reading some of the post on this thread and have to highly disagree with the people that said if you run a cms you don't need a panhard bar. It is best to have it because you don't lose steering at certain flex angle and it keeps your link rod ends from wearing out or streching too much from the servo fighting against it, lastly you get rid of bump steer when done correctly. Some will say this is just a matter of opinion so I guess this is my opinion from my experiences.

For stock axles the best cms kit I have used were the hand bros kit but I'm guessing they don't make them anymore. As for VP making a CMS kit is true but I don't know how people got the info they were for stock axles, the ones that have been leaked out are for the Currie Axles. Now that doesn't mean they can't go on stock axles ;)
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote

best CMS option - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rc4wd cms vs hand brothers cms kit bronc4now Axial SCX-10 4 05-16-2012 07:14 PM
Is clips my only option? Tgreer Paint and Body 3 01-09-2012 09:55 AM
Whats The Best Option For Motor And Speed Control For The Ax-10? Price Is No Option!! BASSPROKVD Axial AX-10 Scorpion 33 11-19-2007 12:40 AM