Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Weight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Weight

How much weight are you adding to your front and rear wheels ?
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Weight

The answer depends on which SCX-10 and what mods you have done.

I have found that a 60/40 front to rear weight ratio works well. I am using 4 oz of stick on tire weights in each front wheel and and 2 oz in each rear tire.

This is for a Honcho. The right amount of weight for a Honcho is probably different than a JK. The JK body is a bit heavier and the spare tire is on the rear bumper instead of over the tire.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

My truck is the Dingo length, and I run about 60/40 forward heavy. maybe a little more forward heavy than that, but I've never weighed it out. just kept adding weight to the tires till it felt "right" for what I drove it on. (mostly trail, occasional crawling)

depends on what kind of driving you do, what kind of setup your truck has, and the other things like length, width, and personal preference.
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

In my Honcho I run zero extra weight in the rear tires and 3oz of stick on wheel weights in the front tires with another 1/2oz of weight on the servo. Works well for me and I have no complaints.
GOATN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #5

I went with the more is more rule of thumb lol

I put 6oz in each front wheel and 3oz in each rear. Just make sure that you space it as evenly as possible so that you do not have a really obvious "heavy" spot in the wheel. I went heavy also because I put on 100mm shocks and that increased my overall height so I wanted more weight down low..... I have the dingo on 2.2's and she can slow crawl up rocks no problem and also drives great on flat trails. I think its better to be safe and weight it for the "occasional" rather than the "always" so that you can handle the obstacles when they come.
Cottonme173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATN View Post
In my Honcho I run zero extra weight in the rear tires and 3oz of stick on wheel weights in the front tires with another 1/2oz of weight on the servo. Works well for me and I have no complaints.
thats awesome for uphill, but if you stop on a downhill it has a much higher chance of rolling over itself forward no?
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intashu View Post
thats awesome for uphill, but if you stop on a downhill it has a much higher chance of rolling over itself forward no?
Not really. Ive had weight in the rear and it really didnt change much. If I feel the back wanting to come up, give it some throttle and it comes back down.
GOATN is offline   Reply With Quote

Weight - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel weight / axle weight advice JeffK11 RC4WD Bully 6 03-15-2012 03:30 PM
Wheel weight or diff weight? PipeDreams Tires and Wheels 4 11-06-2008 05:20 PM
Wheel weight vs. chassis weight ratio OR spung/unsprung bias solomon7 Tires and Wheels 15 08-02-2008 06:26 PM
Stampede Tranny Weight VS R2 Weight BrandonW General Crawlers 5 08-08-2007 07:37 PM