Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: JK Ribicon in the "BURGH"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default JK Rubicon in the "BURGH"

Well a couple weeks ago I had a "moment" and a giant brain fart and almost sold the "MOG 15090", sure glad I didn't do that. The only reason I preface this thread with that info is after comping with the MOG 1X, I realized the pretty VP axles were not a good idea (got hung up alot) so I replaced them with the plastic variety and VP Stage 1 kit and It's working out great.

I liked the Rubicon since it's release and after seeing all the cool builds here,I thought well, lets do one and use the uber nice VP axles under it. That's what I'm doing. The thread will be pic heavy with a little explanation.

Here's the list of what I got so far and what I got on order. Of course I got started on it already also.

HAVE- Loaded VP axles, VP ti link set, Proline scale shocks, Dick Cepek wheels and R-35 Treps (I think they look right at home on this rig) Rogue Element scale hubs, MIP's, 7954 servo, 13t Crawlmaster and BRXL and I think one of the coolest things for this build is the GCM front motor mount kit inc. motor/tranny plate, t-case, cms and all the hardware (went together great) VP rear JK bumper mount. Bikini top and some scale stuff

NEED (and on order) VP front JK bumper mount/cms and chubs, Krawler Konceptz JK accessories grille, hood louver, handles, hood latches, gas cap and dual gerry can holder, R2J JK sliders.

Here's some pic's so far:

[URL=http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/gdb85/media/null_zpsf6fedc9d.jpg.html][/URL

Last edited by gdb85; 07-26-2013 at 03:34 PM.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: JK Ribicon in the "BURGH"

those rims look great
m1009cucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

how do you like the motor forward mount, got a question on my scx10, I got the Hand Brothers cms, with the hard pan kit. can you still use it and the forward motor mount together. or do I have to mount the servo back on the axle, the previous owner cut the servo mounts off flesh, would have to buy a new axle housing.and what ratio is your transfer case.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

can you please take a pic of the front so I can see the cms and is there a hard pan too. so your front axle is four linked correct. mine is three link cause of hard pan linkage. so how does the hard pan work on a four link setup.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I went to GCM and I answered my own questions. It won't work for me cause I'm going use a honcho body and you can't put the battery in the back. or up front over motor it would be way to high to get body on and look right. I got a ridgecrest body I could use. where did you get the drive shafts from and how much.

Last edited by kgb424; 07-14-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Sorry I wasn't online for awhile.

I see you found out that the Hand Bros. CMS will not work with the GCM front motor mount.

The drive shafts are MIP's and the tranny to t-case shaft is a JunFac shaft.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Default Re: JK Rubicon in the "BURGH"

Well got a couple things in the last week or so, thought I'd update a little.

After getting the JK cms/bumper mount from VP, I changed my mind on bumpers and went with the RC4WD Rampage bumper. Looks good, better in person than most pic's portray.

Also got some nice looking goodies from Krawler Konceptz, thanks Rob & Michelle. Probably lay some paint down this weekend and get them installed.

Certainly can't do with out some more VP goodness...

The body is being mounted with velcro, plates on both shock towers, holds real well. Got the layout for the battery and RX box, gets a little weight over the rear axle because it was waaay front heavy with the GCM front motor mount. (did I mention how nice this GCM set up is?)

More updates as things come together. I'm trying to take my time on this one.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Well I finally got to lay some paint on the Krawler Konceptz goodies tonight. I need to paint outdoors and the humidity was killer for awhile and I couldn't do it until today. Turned out OK...

This Rubicon assembly is taking a pretty dramatic change of direction here very shortly.

I was fortunate enough to aquire a set of Currie axles, Ti link set and some Method Racing wheels which will be going on this coming weekend. (Probably be some nice Dick Cepeks and Treps in the for sale section, keep your eyes peeled.)

Pic's when they arrive!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

That is looking like a pretty sick build. Can't wait to see where it goes.
cazper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Nice looking Jeep Bob! I'm still waiting on my driveline setup from DinkyRC so I can finish mine up. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next comp to see this one in person.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Changes are a coming!

Thank You GravelDuster!

Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

This is getting good....real good. I was looking at those same wheels today...nice choices!
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:49 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

The current front axle is 4 linked but it has not been under power yet and does not have a panhard "yet".

With the new Currie axles, I believe VP is refining a panhard system. I will be patient and wait.

Thanks DesertRC couldn't pass up the deal.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

OK, I'm a nut job and have a problem I hoard nice wheels. I have a little dilema and I'm going to act like a girl and ask for opinions on "which one do you like the most?".

Take a look at the two pic's and let me know which wheel you guys think looks the best on the Rubicon. Don't let the tire influence your desicion, that can be changed at will.
DC's, Mayhem TR or Method's?

I keep coming back to the Dick Cepeks (IDK?) Any input much appreciated.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I say methods, still coming up with the conclusion on dc. I'll take the methods off your hand....
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog Madigan View Post
I say methods, still coming up with the conclusion on dc. I'll take the methods off your hand....

LOL, I'll keep ya in mind if I decide to part with them.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdb85 View Post
LOL, I'll keep ya in mind if I decide to part with them.
Do that!
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Couple updates...

R2J sliders, these things are awesome! The way the lexan body slides in the channel on the sliders was a great idea for body protection. The surface area that they provide leaves all kinds of room for mounting stuff.

Also got my Madskinz soft top mounted and the Krawler Koncepts grill and hood louver mounted. If anybody tells you that mounting the louver was not all that bad, they're flat out lying, lol. It was a royal PIA, but the end result looks pretty good.

Up next is light buckets in the grill and adding the "VP Rigid light bar.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Alright, starting to put some of the finishing touches on the Jeep.

Added the VP light bar, light buckets in the grill, winch and my last piece from KK.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

As much as I liked the Dick Cepeks the track width wasn't to my liking so I went with the Method Racing wheels with .600 hubs, now I like it!

JK Ribicon in the "BURGH" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Rockbiter" (German, "steinbeisser", "stone biter") CarterFab General Scale Talk 54 06-10-2013 11:19 PM
BADDMANS C1 called 50Cal """XR10 up grade""" baddman 1.9 Scale Rigs 21 08-27-2012 11:56 PM