Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: rear 4 link set up.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default rear 4 link set up.

Hey guys have a question about moding my rear upper links on my scx 10 a bit. On hill climbs I still have a tendency to roll the front over the back axle. I have relocated the battery to sit across the front dip in the frame rails, and that helped some, beef tubes for more un-sprung weight. Now I am looking at the link set up. Don't get me wrong I don't expect to be able to climb a 90 degree wall but I feel like I could tame it a bit so the rear tire do "pull" the front over so bad. After some reading I have seen some geometry pics of different models and opinions. To get the question... I was thinking of raising where the rear upper links mount on the frame side up about 1 to 2 cm. My concern is this will take that link from flat at ride height to sloping down to the axle, but make the links closer to parallel and help "anti squat" and force the twist at the axle to act ahead of the COG instead of behind it. The question is, Is this sound thinking or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
RyanRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

rear 4 link set up. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rear link set up sid15 Tamiya XC/CC01 8 08-06-2010 01:49 PM
4 Link Rear Set Up Better Or Worst ?? goofy4d Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 06-10-2008 10:34 PM
Custom Rear 2 link set up! run2jeepn General Crawlers 12 06-17-2006 07:42 AM
Would I need 2 sets of rear wheels or 1 set of rear and 1 set of front?!? FFRCJosh Tires and Wheels 10 03-01-2006 08:19 PM