Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Trepadors vs Bfg vs falken

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Trepadors vs Bfg vs falken

Even though I love my pitbulls, the growlers are a little wide for my liking. I've been trying out a set of bfgs (all on deuces wild) and have been having really good luck with them. Once they get a better foam they really grip well!

Want to hear opinions on these three scale tires from axial. Personally, the falkens are probably my favorite looks wise, performance wise I'm still on the fence. I'd also have to say that I'm not a big fan of the old-school chevron style that's on the treps.

Thoughts?
SoCal Crawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Trepadors vs Bfg vs falken

I have found the trepadors do really well with some C.I. foams in them. The BFG's do really well good with foams as well. My Treps are doing way better than my first impression. i have even swapped out the Gladiators for the Trepadors. I am missing the footprint from the Gladiators though the treps are are skinny in comparison.
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:25 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I actually was able to boil off an older rtr set of r35 treps, will test them out tomorrow. as far as the falkens I've only used them in rtr foams, so anyone else feel free to chime in
Old 10-18-2014, 04:34 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Old 10-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I was never very impressed with the treps, though it all depends on terrain, they were basically slicks in the clay/basalt rock around here so my swampers and pit rock beasts were always better. But there's a guy in my club that runs them on every rig he can. I am guessing he found a great foam setup.
AC_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
RCC Addict

BFG's,MT claws & swampers work best all around for me! I have falken's & trepadors but don't clean out as well. The pits are too wide IMO...can't wait to see what r35 tire comes next, bfg mud terrain,Goodyear mtr's,maybe some nitto's????
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I ran a G6 today driving a friend's stock scx10 on bfg's with stock foams on unweighted wheels...very impressed!!! They gripped rocks great, traversed a big tree branch bridge suspended by rope with turns with no problem, and made mud it's bitch!! They were a little slippery climbing soft dirt hills, but couple of hits on the throttle and it made it to the top every time. I just bought a set of P-L swamper xl's for my rig and I'm definitely going to buy a set of the bfg's for it too!!
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Had an awesome outting today with the Treps! as much as it hurts me to say it they actually climbed every line that my growlers do, and even did some better. on a few select circumstances you could tell that the narrower tire didn't have as big of a footprint on super slick stuff but oddly enough the truck actually got bogged down a lot more with the treps.. where the growlers would have a nice steady slip the treps would grab much harder and actually heated my motor up more. the extra grip on the rocks really showed, on top of that I thought they looked sick out there.

keep in mind the rocks where I crawl are super sticky. it's a creek and mixed with the rocks is a lot of concrete. the jagged rocks are pretty brutal.

one other downfall I surprisingly noticed was the slightly shorter profile. on some rocks I got a little more caught up in the center.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:17 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I now own all 3. must say the falkens are overall my favorite. looks play a large role though, which is where the growlers fall short for me. As great as pitbulls are I'm finding Axial scale tires in r35 to be very underrated... anyways, here's a couple pics
Old 11-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Out of the box, the Treps are not impressive. However, with some foam tuning (in my case, homemade foams) and cutting, they are awesome. Check out the Cut Tires thread in the Wheel/Tire section for ideas.
Cr00zah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #11

I really like my falkens the longer I run them the better they get
crawlincraig is offline   Reply With Quote

Trepadors vs Bfg vs falken - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deadbolt vs Falken G6 novarider Axial SCX-10 21 05-03-2015 06:48 PM
Falken G6 CKRC Hobbies CKRC Hobbies 0 07-30-2014 11:27 PM
SCX G6 Falken odogfish Axial SCX-10 7 07-27-2014 10:56 PM
BFG Mud Terrain Tires (from BFG?) C_Money Tires and Wheels 16 12-12-2009 02:11 PM