Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Caught The Bug ( oh no!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #1

Default Caught The Bug ( oh no!)

Howdy fellers!

Been thinking of getting into the RC hobby. Guns and ammo weren't draining my bank account fast enough. So, after hanging around here a bit, I have a Trail Honcho incoming. Ordered a couple 2000mah lipo's and some deans plugs to convert over. What kinda run time should I expect from those? For starters it'll be messing around in the yard and trailing. I happen to live practically across the street from Hamilton Hobbies. I understand they run some comps there. I'll probably try some of that when they resume.

Wow...there is a lot of info to be absorbed on this forum! I'm the type that loves to add goodies to my hobbies and it appears you can goody these things into bankruptcy. I am not a handy fabrifixit guy, so you might see me asking some dumb questions around here. Be gentle with your beatings.

First dumb question: I prefer full truck bodies. The Honcho is a 12.3 wheelbase, so, care to minimize my research a bit and point me to some bodies that will fit? I prefer not to cut or modify the body to fit.

Keep on truckin' my new friends!
SpicyMcHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #2

Default Re: Caught The Bug ( oh no!)

I run the lil venom 2200 2s lipos and I get about 30 mins or so out of them running a mmp and a brushed 35t motor
h8onit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

In my Wraith with sv3 and 27t brushed I can get about 20-25 max out of a 2000 2s mini 'oh shit' battery that I keep in my backpack on the trail. I usually run 4-5000 though. If you are going out trailing, I recommend you get yourself a higher mah lipo, runtime is invaluable on the trail, it's better to have more juice than you need, so you don't have to carry everything all the way back.
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #4

I'll definitely be getting bigger batteries, was just saving some cash on the initial outlay. The order got up around $450, but I used a code and knocked $50 off, so that helped. Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for more run time, maybe I'll toss a little cash at the LHS. Any leads on the body?
Old 12-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Proline makes several full truck bodies like a dosdge ram, chevy, ford, jeep, cherokee, and commanche. I think HPI and Parma make some as well. Check out places like RC4WD and The Crawler Store, they have some other bodies as well.

ANd post pics once you get it!
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Here's a staring point. http://prolineracing.com/axial-scx10-bodies/
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #7

If you want to just add to your honcho body, DinkyRC makes a bedside kit. I have a set and the look great as long as you trim them correctly.
"Honcho" Bedside Kit

Also best thing to do is just check out the picture thread on here and find one you like.
tj.vanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #8

Oh and i recently picked up an LHS 5000mah 50c. I definitely recommend it. I have had my rig out 4 times since i got it and every time I end up braking something before the battery dies. Might have something to do with the quick accel im getting with the 50c discharge rate. First it was a steering knuckle, then one driveline, then the other...its ok, they are all aluminum now and ready to go
tj.vanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I have 3s 2200 mah batteries and I get 1.5 hours with them in normal trail driving/crawling.
novarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #10

Brown Santa showed up yesterday with m new romper toy! Didn't get to run it until today though. Out of the box the transmitter's battery box had one of the 4 springs that hold the batts missing. Called Tower and they gave me the # for Axial. Called Axial and they will send me another transmitter on their dime. Plus on the customer service from both places. I couldn't wait so I went to the LHS and upgraded. So now I'll have three radio's and one truck. Can't have that! Looks like I need two more rides.

Anyhoo...here is it's initial run through what little off roady enviroment I have in front of my apartment. Immediate first "mods" were cutting the rubber stops off the shocks and emblazoned it with an NRA decal. Already envisioning a yellow "Don't Tread On Me" paint scheme.

The sickness has begun. Glad to be aboard...err...off-road as it were.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

They are extremely fun and addictive lol .. I bought mine on a Monday and Tuesday I was back at my local shop picking up axial 8 hole beadlocks and proline tsl sx tires lol .. then a few weeks later I bought some links and some aluminum rc4wd beadlocks and irok tires .. it gets out of control fast lol .. that was about a year ago .. now I have 2 honchos a wraith and just ordered my first vaterra ascender kit ... but it's so much fun! .. I definitely recommend getting steering and suspension links as soon as you can .. they made a very noticeable diffence on my honcho.
Fatman489 is offline   Reply With Quote

Caught The Bug ( oh no!) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caught the bug! Phippy Newbie General 9 05-31-2013 08:03 PM
caught this many hotrodsonoma Chit Chat 5 10-10-2011 08:52 AM
It finally caught him....... TwistedCreations Chit Chat 7 12-17-2009 09:12 AM
I've caught the Maxx bug! gregrocks90046 Traxxas Crawlers 8 10-13-2005 07:48 PM