Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: The Mud Demon...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The Mud Demon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsizecrawler View Post
this is coming together nicely what made you want to change what axels your running
Well I actually went with the different axle choice based upon the previous 11 pound RTR custom KOH rig I had that was running scx10 loaded axles (search for Lucifer 2.2 KOH) and when I threw on the AR60's jeez what a difference in stability and scale look running 2.2"s!

I finished Lucifer way before Axial released the Wraith and every Wraith stomped all over the DMG's tig welded heavyweight chassis, my huge 12T Holmes Puller motor on 4s, bombproof SuperShafty Axial tranny, full aluminum interior, aluminum panels all around, dual color scheme chrome/red. Way too much weight that high...well way too much weight period. Stock RTR Wraiths were out performing Lucifer.

Saved up some dough...now building up this rig with VP Wraith Curries and VVDs up front.

I also swapped chassis for a divorced setup with T case and front motor/tranny setup using GCM's Cross Canyon chassis because of the scale look of it under the full length of the NB JK. Plus I didn't want to gut the interior in case I were to sell the body later.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #22
Nope..

Super cool so far. I was thinking about ordering a set of mud bashers but damn those things are tall!
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:59 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Hmm the more I work on this rig the more I think it should be on 1.9's. Maybe some tall narrow ones?

If I run AR60 axles and change the NB JK flares to the Axial JK Rubicon Poison flares instead I might be able to pull off the look of these tall tractor tires.

Thoughts on another hardbody? I've done 3 Tundra, 2 Hilux, but I'm not really feeling Ford F-250 HighLift pickup body set..

Maybe convert the NB JK into a doved Brute on AR60's running the current 2.2 wheel/tire setup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Well I actually went with the different axle choice based upon the previous 11 pound RTR custom KOH rig I had that was running scx10 loaded axles (search for Lucifer 2.2 KOH) and when I threw on the AR60's jeez what a difference in stability and scale look running 2.2"s!

I also swapped chassis for a divorced setup with T case and front motor/tranny setup using GCM's Cross Canyon chassis because of the scale look of it under the full length of the NB JK. Plus I didn't want to gut the interior in case I were to sell the body later.
1.9s, good call on making ready for interior.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

The Mud Demon... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Demon Bully MikeyBike RC4WD Bully 1 12-06-2010 09:55 PM
My Demon bully! Tklan Crawler RC4WD Bully 13 09-10-2010 10:34 PM
The Red Demon t_kirl Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 07-21-2008 07:42 AM
Mud + Mud Slingers + Big Kid = Mud Pit and Trouble RPP Hobby Chit Chat 11 09-25-2007 08:39 AM