Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: I need some help finding some links.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Question I need some help finding some links.

I have decided I want to order some metal links for my Deadbolt. Sadly this is being much more difficult that I imagined it would. So hopefully some one can give me some pointers on helping me find what I am looking for. For the lower links I really like the look of the stock plastic lower links and would like to find something other that the common round metal link. I really like the look of these...

...but sadly with them being from Integy I am afraid the quality just is not going to be there. Does anyone know if these lower links are good to use or know of another company/place that offers a link like this for a fair price?
Incase I can't find a set like above can anyone point me to a place to buy affordable lower links in the traditional round style to fit the Deadbolt?

Also when it comes to the front upper Y-link are they all the same from truck to truck? It seems when I search for them I am only finding them listed for SCX not any one truck.

I hope to find these links in gun metal color but really any color will do.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
-Prime-

P.S. I would love to go with a set of Vanquish links or such but the goal of this project is to keep the price down and do almost all of it with over the counter parts. I know I could fab up some links, have done it before, but trying to avoid that for this project.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2015, 06:23 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: I need some help finding some links.

ST Racing links are a good price, you just need to add some Axial rod ends. I ran them on my truck before I switched over to Vanquish links.

TowerHobbies.com | STRC Alum Fr/Re Lower Suspension Links (4) SCX10
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Be aware they are deadbolt 2.2 links you are looking at. Have a set of those on my Wraith (loved the look too) and have had no issues with them. Rod ends look cheap for sure, but so far have held up. They are the same as stock Axial Wraith parts, so replacement is easy.

Upper Y links are all the same dimensions. Spacers are used at the axle mount end for different wheelbases.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Thanks for the feed back guys.
Oops, did not realize these ones were for the 2.2 version. Shame on Axial for not giving them different names lol. Maybe I will try to find the 12"wd Deadbolt ones from Integy and give them a try, least won't be out much money. Hard part will be finding them on their website, it is severely lacking in descriptions and sizes. Thanks as well on the heads up for the upper Y link.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:09 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Well I ended up buying some China lower links. They have the right look and the right measurement. I will post them up and what I think of them in my Deadbolt build thread once they get here.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:53 AM   #6

A big problem with the china links (incl integy) is the shitty rod ends. Once u get them I recommend switching to traxxas revo rod ends (#5347) and u should be ok after that. A good hard shot will still break em (just like anything else) n possibly bend the lower grade alum but it will be better than the stock ones ripping off just drivin down the trail.
crawlincraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #7
RCC Addict

The ones I went with are all metal and don't have removable ends. They look just like the plastic ones but are metal. Figured for $15 shipped I would give them a try.

I need some help finding some links. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help finding Ohioskills 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 11-26-2013 01:01 PM
Help finding red links @ 12.3" Holdencars Axial SCX-10 5 10-22-2012 10:33 AM
need help finding custom length links NeXt559 Superclass Crawlers 3 09-03-2010 08:03 AM
Need help finding drumbeater General Crawlers 1 11-25-2007 06:24 AM