Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Project "Green Goblin"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2015, 01:54 AM   #1

Hi all, first post but Been a long time lurker. For Christmas of 2014 I bought myself a "used" scx10 honcho rtr off a good friend of mine, I say "used" because he bought it, put 1 battery pack through it and tore it apart to make a d90 hardboard class 1.well he got as far as buying the hard body and making some link's then lost interest, so I bought it off him with a battery an charger for $200!
I had big plans of completing it right away but after taking it apart and seeing it missing hardware, wood screws, metal screws, was a little too over my head and was renting a small basement in my in laws with my wife, 2 dogs an a cat so the scx d90 got put on the back burner for quite awhile. Fast forward 6 months I moved, bought a house, had a wedding, my 12yr old boxer passed away, adopted a 7 month pitbull and zero interest in the D90..decided it's been awhile since I bought myself anything NEW so I pulled the trigger on a SCX10 Deadbolt, drove it for a couple days and it gave me the itch to work on my other one. I painted the d90 body, glued the accessories on, made a bumper, headache rack, rear bumper, now I'm just going to make a new 4 link rear and 3 link with panhard and CSM for the front and figure out a way to mount the body

Put it on the deadbolt frame and I like it, might trim the wheel wells to fit ;)

Also here's both my green monsters together

Last edited by THX_138; 08-02-2015 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Posting a minute apart
Big_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2015, 11:06 PM   #2

Tinkered on the RCs today for a bit. I took the 3 link out an put in a 4 link and the steering links are garbage so I replaced it with a custom one made out of all thread and aluminum tube over it. Noticeable improvement with the 4 link

The Green Goblin got its interior all placed and install so it can't come out, changed the suspension to a custom 3 link front and 4 link rear, running a droop suspension as well, painting the bumpers an rack/cage. Next on the list for it is mount the body and finish up the electronics.. The front links made my WB a little too long so to fix that I'm just going to trim the front fenders

Dat flex do

Gonna make some limiting straps

It took a few more coats to look right and it actually had a reaction to the black paint behind it and gave it kind of a crackle look which helped me come up with the name Green Goblin

Last edited by THX_138; 08-02-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:20 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Project "Green Goblin"

Shame about your dog. My boxer's gettin quite gray in the muzzle these days... Any pics of the new pup?
Im liking this build for sure. How will/did you attach the body? I'd look to shorten the wheelbase a bit more rather than cut up that nice hardbody. Maybe smaller tires? Definitely will need some limiting straps like you said- that flex looks hilarious. What shocks are those?
DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #4

Default Re: Project "Green Goblin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviledEggs View Post
Shame about your dog. My boxer's gettin quite gray in the muzzle these days... Any pics of the new pup?
Im liking this build for sure. How will/did you attach the body? I'd look to shorten the wheelbase a bit more rather than cut up that nice hardbody. Maybe smaller tires? Definitely will need some limiting straps like you said- that flex looks hilarious. What shocks are those?
This is my boxer who passed away, name was Diesel he was 12

This is my new pup he's a 11 month old pitbull

Attaching the body is kinda tricky but I figured it out today. The rear of the d90 has stock mounting holes so I drilled a couple holes in the rear bumper an put some bolts in there and the front I'm using the stock scx10 body posts with plastic in between them and super strong rare earth magnets attached to the body posts and the body,should work out pretty good

Project "Green Goblin" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AREA 51RC "Project Chaotic "Switch" XR10" D19er Axial XR10 105 03-10-2014 05:30 PM
My Tf2 project "Steiger Green" heretobea RC4WD Trail Finder 2 5 07-10-2013 10:59 PM
Project "Tombstone" R.I.P "Rest In Pieces" mud digger 2.2 Scale Rigs 25 05-20-2013 07:54 PM
project "GREEN MACHINE"mini-giant Jt Tamiya TLT Crawlers 14 01-19-2005 02:51 PM