Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: burly tube xr10 mod question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #1

Default burly tube xr10 mod question

hey guys was wondering when doing this mod with stock length scx10 axle can vanquish vvd scx10 axle combined with vanquish vvd wraith axle stub and wraith vvd wraith rebuild kit work and fit properly thanks in advance
bassassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: burly tube xr10 mod question

Yes, for narrow xr mod use sx10 inner axle & wraith stub exactly as you described.

Not tried these myself but strc alao make their version of the inner shaft & outer stub, may be an option if you can't source the VP
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:50 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

seems odd to me.....I just installed a stage one w vp vvd axle...so using the high steer knuckles and vvd you still get 50 degrees of steering.....why do the xr10 mod if the vvd wont gain you any more steering? and axial unis are pure crap for durability imo been through 2 sets w mod.
driftah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:38 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftah View Post
seems odd to me.....I just installed a stage one w vp vvd axle...so using the high steer knuckles and vvd you still get 50 degrees of steering.....why do the xr10 mod if the vvd wont gain you any more steering? and axial unis are pure crap for durability imo been through 2 sets w mod.
The xr mod helps with steering angle by keeping the tires away from the links and shocks allowing for more angle. Plus the scx knuckles aren't available with such versatility as vp's wraith/xr version with their bolt on steering arms. Which are available in a multitude of Ackerman angles and lengths to accommodate anything you'd like to do front or back of the axle.

There was a bad batch of universals a while back. I'm running 2+ year old universals with no problems. Just make sure the pins are centered and go trash on it.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftah View Post

The other benefit is gaining more forward weight and it's unsprung weight. I have a rig with vp knuckles, chubs, and vvds and another with the burley xr mod. Both have great steering but my xr mod rig does preform better. Seems to stay glued to the rocks better even with both running forward batteries
Solid94 is offline   Reply With Quote

burly tube xr10 mod question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xr10 mod axle question driftah Axial SCX-10 1 05-08-2015 10:38 PM
XR10 Axel Mod Question bsn Axial SCX-10 5 03-24-2015 07:56 PM
Rc Bro's Burly Tubes Question/Problem aking720 Axial SCX-10 3 04-11-2014 11:32 PM