Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: RC4WD AX2 2 speed heavy duty output shaft question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default RC4WD AX2 2 speed heavy duty output shaft question

Hi, I have a custom crawler on an SCX10 chassis. I just bought the RC4WD AX2 2 speed transmission, and I purchased the heavy duty output shaft for it. I have dismantled the transmission, and I noticed that the heavy duty shaft (top) does not have grooves for the e clips like the original one did. Do I just assemble it the same, but without the e clips? Surely this affects its operation?

Also, the heavy duty shaft came with 2 steel spacers (pictured next to shaft). There were no spacers in the original setup. Where abouts to they go?

Final question, there doesn't appear to be much grease in there, in the 2nd pic you can see there is just a thin layer. would you recommend more grease be applied or does it not need much?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

e32lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: RC4WD AX2 2 speed heavy duty output shaft question

good morning, very simple. where the 2 e clips go is a weak spot. the 2 spacers go in place of the e clips that all. yes mine needed more grease too. marine grease is good helps keep the water out. the stock bearings went bad on me pretty fast. I now have blue sealed bearings in there. think they are traxxas bearings. lots of mud and water later. still fine. have a good one
m1009cucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:48 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: RC4WD AX2 2 speed heavy duty output shaft question

Thanks heaps! I couldnt have wished for a better answer than that! Its all fully assembled now and ready to be installed in the truck. Lucky i bought the heavy duty shaft, i wasnt going to install it until i broke the original, but was bolting up a punisher shaft to it, and i stripped the thread of the allan head bolt inside the shaft, i tried drilling it out but didnt work so i had to saw the output shaft off with the saw inbetween the gearbox and the end of the driveshaft. Was the most frustrating shit!
e32lover is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD AX2 2 speed heavy duty output shaft question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the output shaft size on the RC4wd 2 Speed tranny? e32lover Axial SCX-10 3 08-24-2015 09:29 PM
RC4WD AX2 Heavy Duty Output Shaft Rckcrwlr RC4WD Trail Finder 2 2 04-19-2013 01:50 PM
Need Heavy Duty Drive Shaft Upgrade Recommendations Please. jtice Axial AX-10 Scorpion 20 12-12-2008 05:11 AM