Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Which SCX to buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #1

Default Which SCX to buy?

Here is my 1/1 scale crawler.

I would like to build/buy a RC crawler to match it. Obviously the AX90027 kit would be a perfect match but I would have to spend a lot more money to get it running. The AX90028 is RTR but the body is not close to the real thing. Can I buy the full Jeep body and mount it on the AX90028 chassis?

Thanks in advance.
Canadian GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Which SCX to buy?

yup.
donny8594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

The bodies between the Jeep RTR and kit are the same (other than the RTR is prepainted), the kit just comes with the top.

You can get the top separately, its part # AX04034.

If you really want to duplicate your 1:1, go for a set of Mickey Thompson Classic Locks

Last edited by svt923; 10-20-2015 at 12:46 PM.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:29 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Get the kit. It got better parts and a clear body. The body in this kit is the most expensive body axial got. So buying it seperate is gonna cost you. To get a kit running is actually much cheaper than you think. The electronics is pretty cheap. A hackmoto 45t and Tectronic esc is only 35$ flysky GT2E is only 25$ combined with hobbywing ubec (3.3$) and a savox 1256 (62$) for example you got a setup that works perfect on 3s and way better than the rtr setup. So little over 120$ for complete electronics. You could also find a bit cheaper servo and maybe get under 100$.
You will also need some paint, but your truck got a pretty simple paint job so a can of red, white and black tamiya ps will do. Perhaps a can of red tamiya ts for the fender flares.

Sent fra min HTC One via Tapatalk
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #5

Angelowdoom said it perfectly, only thing I would add is the clear Matt ps spray for the fenders that way it goes on the outside and it won't chip off as easy. Also the axial falken tires with the M/T wheels above would absolutely epic! Hope this helps some
808 tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I also agree. Get the kit. Just the pure joy of building it is a legit excuse. But also bcause you have the chance to make it as cheap or expensive as possible. With a RTR you will - one way or the other - end up upgrading sooner then expected.
Quality parts do not have to be expensive.
Try Asiatees. They offer a lot of affordable parts and upgrades. Even nice aluminum wheels with weights.
Their servo's are from CYS. The original manufacturer from either Savox or Hitec. I did not find out which one exactly (yet). Their 2220 is spot on and very powerfull. Even at 6V for $40,-
CYS Digital Titanium Gear Servo 0.16s @ 7.4V 18Kg CYS-S2220

Radiolink controllers come pretty cheap and are still reliable.
The Hobbywing ESC WP1060 is practically bullet (and water)proof.
Hobbywing Hobbywing QuicRun Series Brushed Waterproof 60A ESC #WP-1060 For 1/10 Rc HW/QUICRUN-1060

And the Topcad 35T motor is beginning to get more and more recognition.

In the end you will have a truck that because: A- you build it yourselves, so more fun. B- you have better parts installed that already come with the kit and not with an RTR perhaps.

Enjoy!
MaFoDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:24 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Which is best kind of depends on your personality and pocket book.. dont forget that with either the kit or the rtr you will need a battery and charger.

If you have never ran a crawler/trail rc I would suggest the rtr as it will get you out on the trail faster. Also, the bodies on these trucks take a real beating especially when your learning how to get them up and down rocks. As the others have said you will end up doing upgrades if you run it a lot, but they can be spread out. Another plus is if you get the body later you will have your nice body to match your 1:1 and your beater body to just go out and beat to death

On the other hand.. if you like fiddling around and building things and dont have anything better to do with your time.. then by all means get the kit, its a good kit, and gives you some nice upgrades right out of the box. Most of the electronics suggestions that have been made are solid.

Good luck and happy crawling whichever you decide on.

And we will be here to help you spend your money when you need us

Last edited by rcwolf; 10-25-2015 at 04:25 AM. Reason: just cause
rcwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Which SCX to buy? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What RTR scx 10 should i buy? amatris1996 Axial SCX-10 4 03-14-2015 02:01 PM
Going to Buy a SCX-10 Have some ?'s mrbeef Axial SCX-10 17 01-25-2014 10:18 AM
Best place to buy new SCX-10? mikemaster Axial SCX-10 12 10-22-2009 05:33 PM