Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: axle clocking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2015, 01:21 PM   #1

Default axle clocking

Hi guys, I've been searching on here trying to find the proper way or best way to clock my axles. I just installed high clearance links and now my axles are way too exposed. I should mention also that I have the 12 wb and plan to do a cms and don't mind spending a little money but only want to replace parts for scx10 parts. No wraith parts or stuff like that. Thanks.
DLeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: axle clocking

The easiest way to clock the axles is to add 1-3mm spacers to the upper links to make them a little longer. I had to do this on my Dingo after it was lifted to eliminate driveshaft bind.
Eric0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #3

I spaced my rear upper links and clocked the axles to a more desirable angle so the drives haft is more in line with the links. How are the clockable hubs? Any issues with loosening or something similar? I want to try something like that so I can change the pinion angle without affecting the steering geometry too much.

I think the best way I've found is what harley did with his deadbolt build and go with the rc bros burly tubes and wraith universal shafts, chubs, and knuckles. I really want to keep the width and wheel base stock so it's either this method or the axial clockable chubs which I'm not confident with. Plus I can get more steering angle with the universals, chubs, and knuckles (two birds, one stone). Then I should be able to clock the front axle housing to a better angle without ruining the castor angle. Only downside is I just installed ssd ti steering links, but I won't be able to retain those. Does anyone make the tie rods for this set up?

Last edited by THX_138; 12-23-2015 at 09:08 AM.
DLeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

FWIW I used the Axial aluminum hubs and knuckles almost 2 years ago, still going strong and survived many long/hard falls and plenty of abuse (running brushed setup). Their CVD's have held up very well, only sheared one pin so far. I understand it's not the sexiest setup, but it works, is close to stock, and affordable..........
Cr00zah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I also run the axial clockable chubs with not a single issue for quite awhile now...I dont like the XR mod a bit....
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

axle clocking - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
clocking the rear axle?? SwampDawg Axial Yeti 13 03-26-2015 08:43 PM
after clocking an axle ??? robbio4422 General Crawlers 14 12-06-2009 07:54 PM
Axle Clocking nsg1rc Newbie General 9 08-10-2009 01:49 PM
Axle clocking badltl510 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 12 03-08-2007 10:00 PM