Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Need help on build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #1

Default Need help on build

Hi I am building my first rig from the ground up and have ran into a few problems and could use some help.
Scx10 vanquish axles links and transmission king rc4wd 110 or 120 I forget the exact length
1. Angle from transmission to the axles is to steep for mip drive lines for 12.3 wheels base I can get the drive lines on but then the will not allow the shocks to fully extend andni know most will say new upper links but I do not knowing how to make them and what length to do and if they would need the been like the vanquish ones
kurtis190v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Need help on build

You should buy a box of Lego....

Or start with building THE car THE normal way first and after that upgrade to vanquish so you know how THE car works and is build up.
Sjonnie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #3

without pics i can only guess your shocks are too long.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:06 AM   #4
waw
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie82 View Post
You should buy a box of Lego....

Or start with building THE car THE normal way first and after that upgrade to vanquish so you know how THE car works and is build up.

true..
stock as the manual, then when you learn to understand.. upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
without pics i can only guess your shocks are too long.

and might in need of a "proper length" of the upper or lower links..
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:15 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The SCX10 platform is designed to use 95mm shocks. Now you can play with longer or shorter shocks but without the experience to make adjustments you should run the proper length shocks. oh and punctuation, use that too please
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

The shocks are too long and that is making your pinnion angle off. Your pinnion angle should be just above the bottom of the lower links. Set up the pinnion angle first (I have a scale jack stand I use to get the angle I want and work from there till each part is aligned).

149 r/c worx team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

110 or 120mm shocks are WAY too long for that wheel base. I know it flexes nice to have all that shock but understand that there is such thing as too much flex. Using the proper length shock is extremely important to maximize performance on these little trucks. If you have too steep of an angle on your drivelines you risk premature wear and damage to your motor, transmission etc. Start with stockish components even if you are building from the ground up in order to set a baseline for yourself. You can learn as you go. There is no reason to think that you need to jump into the hobby with a full custom rig and no prior knowledge. Start basic and upgrade from there. I would even keep the build project on the side and try to track down a stock rig with just a few upgrades for durability. Good luck to you! Keep cruising the forum and reading build threads to get ideas of what may work and what won't.
mr.rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:24 AM   #8
waw
Quarry Creeper

try a 90 - 93 - 95mm shock, max out at 100mm if you want it to be "normal"
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:52 PM   #9

Ok thanks guys I will put them in the parts box for now. Do you guys have and recommendations on bands of shocks that hold up to abuse well and function well.
kurtis190v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:53 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Traxxas big bore shocks. 3.5 inchwith mini t springs. Kyosho velvets 3.5 inch. Proline power strokes.

149 r/c worx team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Need help on build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JackedDriver's R1 Build (non-specific purpose / just wanted a good build) JackedDriver G-Made Crawlers 12 01-12-2016 07:59 PM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM