Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Get a honcho body mounted lower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Get a honcho body mounted lower

Hey guys,

I just ordered a brand new honcho body and bed for my daughters rig. I really like the honcho, but it always looks really tall and jacked up. I especially dislike the front bumper gap. Do you guys have any tips for mounting it lower? I am going to move the batter to be horizontal in front of the trans, so I should have some room there to get the body lower in back.

I already know that I am going to trim down the rocker panel area, as I always thought there was simply too much material there compared to a scale truck. The body looks too tall from the bottom of the rocker to the top of the roof line.

Last edited by 1967Typhoon; 01-09-2017 at 07:54 PM.
1967Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Get a honcho body mounted lower

Lower your mounting pins.have you tried that?
4X4 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 Freak View Post
Lower your mounting pins.have you tried that?
Umm, yeah. I don't know if you have seen how the honcho body fits stock, but it's too damn high, with a huge front bumper gap. The lowest setting on the body post is still pretty high.

I'm thinking that I am going to mount the body right on the front shock tower to get it as low as I can there. Just not sure how that will play out yet.

For the rear, I am going to have to modify the cage to sit lower.

I was just wondering if anyone else had done the same, and had any pointers.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I think most raise the bumper on the Honcho instead of lowering the body beyond the normal adjustment range.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I think most raise the bumper on the Honcho instead of lowering the body beyond the normal adjustment range.
I might end up doing a little bit of both.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Scalerfab makes a raised front bumper for the honcho. I want to get one soon. Maybe someone will chime in that runs one.
CrawlCrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Looking closely at pics, it looks like the most you can lower the rear of the cage is about 1/8th inch before the cage hits the frame. That sucks. I was hoping for about 1/4 inch or more. Looks like I will be focusing on getting that 1/8th inch in the rear, dropping the front a couple holes on the posts, and then trying to fill that gap or get a bumper that will help me with it. I also have an uncut body, so I might leave more material in the front to help fill the gap.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon View Post
Looking closely at pics, it looks like the most you can lower the rear of the cage is about 1/8th inch before the cage hits the frame. That sucks. I was hoping for about 1/4 inch or more. Looks like I will be focusing on getting that 1/8th inch in the rear, dropping the front a couple holes on the posts, and then trying to fill that gap or get a bumper that will help me with it. I also have an uncut body, so I might leave more material in the front to help fill the gap.
If you have an uncut body, I left about 3/16 under the "cutline" and it helped a lot. In the rear I slammed mine so the cage is resting on the frame.
RayBan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #9

Link to my thread about my truck, you can see a few front shots of the truck here.

I also had the same visual issue that you have with the body sitting too high.

I wanted it to look like a real truck where the bottom of the doors are at or just below the top of the frame rail, and parallel with the frame.
Just another Honcho trying to blend in as a Toyota...

Last edited by RayBan; 01-14-2017 at 12:45 PM. Reason: add link
RayBan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBan View Post
If you have an uncut body, I left about 3/16 under the "cutline" and it helped a lot. In the rear I slammed mine so the cage is resting on the frame.
Cool, man! I like how yours looks, and it is nice to know that I am on the right track!

I will also be slamming the cage down, trimming the sides, and leaving the extra material on the front.

I also have some Tacoma sticker sheets!

Get a honcho body mounted lower - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
your thoughts on chassis mounted servo on honcho smeesho Axial SCX-10 28 08-10-2013 08:40 AM
honcho frame mounted steering??? muddyninja1 Axial SCX-10 12 07-23-2010 06:03 AM
How've you mounted esc on your honcho ? leeizcool Axial SCX-10 5 03-07-2010 04:40 PM
Lower Link mounted to upper C-hub question reedpowell33 Tamiya Clod Buster 13 01-31-2005 04:35 AM