Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Frame lengths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #1

Default Frame lengths

Good day all,

I have gotten an SCX10 and I am trying to determine just exactly what model I have. Is there any frame markings, or frame lengths to determine which model? The one I have, I put the Hot Racing 313mm link kit on it, and it really has the axles pitched HARD forward, and the truck just does not handle great at all. The links did match somewhat from what I took off.

I am just trying to get this back to a somewhat stock steup, so I can figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
BHAMER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2019, 11:00 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Frame lengths

All scx10 frames are the same length. Only differance is the link lengths. Sounds like you have a 12" wb upper links and 12.3" lowers... The Scx10 II has differant length links than the 1st gen model. Mostly made up in the rod end. You can pick up differant length rod ends to compensate for link length differances. Jato rod ends and Revo rod ends are what I recomend.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:35 AM   #3

That is a possibility. I bought the 313mm wheelbase kit from Hot Racing based off of the information I was given. Looking at the links I got, they are definitely for the 313mm wb and do not really have any adjustablity to the end links at all. I wish they did, that would maek this a bit easier to adjust then! I probably will now have to get the 303mm kit to take it back to stock.

It really just cranked the pinion angle and has the axes pitched really hard to the front.

Thanks for the information
BHAMER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAMER2 View Post
That is a possibility. I bought the 313mm wheelbase kit from Hot Racing based off of the information I was given. Looking at the links I got, they are definitely for the 313mm wb and do not really have any adjustablity to the end links at all. I wish they did, that would maek this a bit easier to adjust then! I probably will now have to get the 303mm kit to take it back to stock.

It really just cranked the pinion angle and has the axes pitched really hard to the front.

Thanks for the information
sounds to me like maybe you could try and reverse the uppers and lowers? If its rolled forward that would indicate the uppers are too long, lowers are too short, or combination for the front. may have them messed up front to rear also. Play with swapping links in different spots until its closer to correct.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote

Frame lengths - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who can build me a truggy frame that will bolt to an scx10 or fulll frame? mtgrizzlymn Newbie General 4 07-04-2012 11:14 AM
60/40 link lengths? solomon7 HPI Wheely King 1 08-19-2007 12:45 AM
Shock lengths? lesannatrevor HPI Wheely King 0 07-15-2007 10:05 PM