Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: V2 on the way, well sorta.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default V2 on the way, well sorta.

What up folks,

Bounced back and forth over diving into the V2 kit since its debut last year. Time and funds were instead spent on flying things. Lack of availability of the kit helped keep me from it as well.

Well, Tower reminded me recently that I need it, so it is now Backordered with them to hopefully dip into their soon-to-receive stock (Early June).

I'm tickled to say the least.

I've always loved the the look the XJ. My good buddy in high school had an old Forest Service XJ that I always admired, and I plan to pay tribute to it with this build. Now to just find that Pearl Green paint. Example:

Will likely pull electronics from my current SCX10, Holmes 35T, AE-5, and HS 7954 SH.

Love lurking on these pages and learning from you nerds. Thanks in advance for any wisdom.
Pushjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2017, 09:03 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: V2 on the way, well sorta.

I picked one up and it's my favorite rig by far. The only major mod so far is a BowHouse trans flip.

You're gonna dig it.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: V2 on the way, well sorta.

My build honoring buddy's ex USFS Jeep is coming along slowly but steady. Build is nearing completion.

Running a HH PP Stubby 2700kv and Trailmaster. Pinion dropped to 12T - with the stock spur it makes things quite smooth and strong on the low end way too fast for anything I normally drive on the high end. SSD black steel d holes with stock Tires and CI Lil Nova 4.5s. Couple other upgrades and accents.

This truck will be my all around driver, great for trail, and should keep up well on the rocks.

Have my color formula for the Faskolor and airbrush.

This has been my first kit build, and oh what a joy it's been. Teeny bit of shock drama, and servo Horn clearance issues, though I understand I'm not the first. Had to shave down my Robtronics long arm a tad to clear the chassis rail and panhard mount.
Pushjerk is offline   Reply With Quote

V2 on the way, well sorta. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My sorta scale, sorta wraith, mostly fun build Chris_The_Battery_Man 2.2 Scale Rigs 14 11-27-2013 01:39 PM
sorta new need help rcrcvt Duratrax Cliff Climber 1 06-05-2012 10:59 PM
Sorta New Bum Axial SCX-10 3 12-05-2010 08:44 AM
Who's on first... Sorta slobin3d Chit Chat 4 03-06-2008 10:30 PM
I sorta want one of these xjman Chit Chat 9 06-15-2007 10:05 AM