Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Scx10ii based Toyota lc70 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Scx10ii based Toyota lc70 build

Love the LC70, bummer about the paint, at least it can be re-done. Keep the body as low as possible and tires at or under 4.19", Berserkers have been great for me.

RE 3d printed frame rail extensions are cool, but Ascender frames are adjustable length, quite strong and might just fit perfectly.
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/vtr231033.htm
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2019, 12:33 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: Scx10ii based Toyota lc70 build

Got an update but unfortunately no pics at the moment.

As I mentioned before I was going to paint this thing orange but the paint turned out absolutely terrible. After sanding the bulk of the body and bed I resprayed it with tamiya primer than then mica red. Then I painted inside the engine bay, hood, behind the grill and inside the bed with flat black. After getting to look at the body, it still turned out terrible but it’s good enough that I can live with it.

On to assembly! I was able to get the hood hinge kit installed and it works really well! Unfortunately i miss placed the locking mechanism but it doesnt appear to really be needed. I would recommend this kit!

Then I started doing the hinged doors...... they are crap! The door panels fit but then when you close the door it sits all funy looking. With the window up or down it looks like crap! It doesn’t go up or down straight. So needless to say I cut the interior door side in half on the passenger side and glued the driver side shut. Then I got to the locking mechanism, which works so good that it’s absolutely pointless getting. When in the position that should lock the door, the door can just open up like the lock isn’t even there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx10ii based Toyota lc70 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replica of my father's TOYOTA LC70 ellocojuan Newbie General 11 01-23-2019 02:40 PM
Toyota lc70 ROB850R Scale Videos! 0 09-25-2018 12:02 PM
My SCX10 Toyota LC70 build. Norton General Scale Talk 1 08-26-2017 05:46 PM