Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: 1stGen Joins the Party (build thread)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2020, 01:19 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 1stGen Joins the Party (build thread)

Nice buiild, interesting to see how that skidplate holds up, aluminum is not good at sliding over rocks either. You could always drill out the threaded holes in it and use a locknut on the inside. I like the aluminum painted tranny too.

A stock plastic skid could be used and before use CA the link mount and then fill the voids with black ShoeGoo.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2020, 01:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Nice buiild, interesting to see how that skidplate holds up, aluminum is not good at sliding over rocks either. You could always drill out the threaded holes in it and use a locknut on the inside. I like the aluminum painted tranny too.
Thanks. Painting the transmission housing is probably one of the best "mine" steps I took for personalization. It gets a lot of comment when I de-lid to show it off too, usually with the follow up if Axial changed from their pictures and included the silver parts.

To be frank, the stock skid did a pretty good job hanging up on rocks and just barely high centering the truck with it's texturing, so I haven't really notice any difference so far with the aluminum skid. For sure it's going to get all scratched, that's the durability I'll be interested in long term.

I also don't plan on changing the upper link geometry much, or ever, so it was just a cautionary note for everyone else.

Quote:
A stock plastic skid could be used and before use CA the link mount and then fill the voids with black ShoeGoo.
As much grinding as I had to do to get my chosen servos installed, I honestly won't be going back to the stock skid unless this aluminum skid turns out to be complete and irredeemable junk without options from competitors.

Although I did come across another skid from Club5, I think? And that one would not have solved a single issue or me, as it's a complete dimensional copy of the stock skid with upper link mounts installed. Just another cautionary note for anyone looking to the aftermarket to solve any issues, pay attention to the details.

Last edited by 1stGen; 09-01-2020 at 02:54 PM.
1stGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:32 PM   #23

Better late than never, Spektrum just released firmware 1.09 for DX5 series radios, which included the fix to allow switch "I" on my DX5PRO to be used to control an aux channel. End points are set on the travel page, and the mix point is set by sub trim.

My 3 position dig is the smoothest it's ever been transitioning to free wheel between each set point of 4wd or dig now, and I don't have to remember which position it's in now.

Other than that, my rig keeps the grins going.
1stGen is offline   Reply With Quote

1stGen Joins the Party (build thread) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Late to the Party Losi MRC BWD Mini Wedge LP 2.0 Build psupaulb Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 01-12-2019 11:43 AM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
My late to the party eclipse build motojeep Axial AX-10 Scorpion 29 03-11-2013 09:43 PM