Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Make Wrangler kit into Gladiator kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2021, 09:31 AM   #1

Default Make Wrangler kit into Gladiator kit?

Hi,

I want to get the Gladiator, but I much prefer building my own instead of buying RTR. I already have a radio and want to add upgraded parts, so I find it easier to just build those things in while I build the kit instead of trying to add them later.

Does anyone know how many differences there are between the Wrangler kit and the Gladiator? I know the links are different, the drive shaft, inner fender liners, frame rails, and obviously the body parts, but is there anything else? I realize this will make the price of a kit plus all the different parts almost the same as the RTR, but that's ok.

Thanks for your help.
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2021, 12:41 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Make Wrangler kit into Gladiator kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
Hi,

I want to get the Gladiator, but I much prefer building my own instead of buying RTR. I already have a radio and want to add upgraded parts, so I find it easier to just build those things in while I build the kit instead of trying to add them later.

Does anyone know how many differences there are between the Wrangler kit and the Gladiator? I know the links are different, the drive shaft, inner fender liners, frame rails, and obviously the body parts, but is there anything else? I realize this will make the price of a kit plus all the different parts almost the same as the RTR, but that's ok.

Thanks for your help.
Coming from the RTR, I can tell you that you're gonna be a lot happier with the Kit version.

I don't think you need the floor boards as they overlap on the JLU. Checking the part numbers on the Instructions should confirm that.
tonered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I priced it out not too long ago, it’s not feasible. It’s about $250-$280. That’s with all the stocks axial parts, body bed rack links etc.
Might be better off buying the rtr, selling the stock electronics and tearing the thing down and build it back up. Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I priced it out not too long ago, it’s not feasible. It’s about $250-$280. That’s with all the stocks axial parts, body bed rack links etc.
Might be better off buying the rtr, selling the stock electronics and tearing the thing down and build it back up. Just my $0.02

Ooh boy. Ok, so it would be $400 for the kit, then an additional $250 for the parts. That makes for a $650 kit which is a little steep. Maybe I'll just wait until they release a Gladiator kit.
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:41 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
Ooh boy. Ok, so it would be $400 for the kit, then an additional $250 for the parts. That makes for a $650 kit which is a little steep. Maybe I'll just wait until they release a Gladiator kit.

Yea man, I had a straight axle 10.3 laying around and thought if it was around $150 I’d go for it. Unfortunately, not the case

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:44 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I've got a set of rear links if you decide to go for it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote

Make Wrangler kit into Gladiator kit? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ascender K5 kit or Axial Jeep wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Kit? Dali Newbie General 3 12-20-2014 05:24 PM
Jeep Wrangler G6 kit VS. 2012 Unlimited Rubicon kit theTman Axial SCX-10 1 04-07-2014 03:48 PM
Dingo kit vs. Wrangler kit Jeepster13 Axial SCX-10 7 08-17-2013 08:22 PM