Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Warranty Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2021, 02:03 PM   #1

Default Warranty Service

Has anyone ever dealt with Horizon for warranty work? I just sent my truck in for service under the warranty, but it got me thinking. I'm a newb, and the shop I bought it from tried to convince me to change out the battery connections to XT60. If I had followed the advice, wouldn't that have voided the warranty?
I was just curious.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
rob.gerwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2021, 07:54 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Warranty Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.gerwig View Post
Has anyone ever dealt with Horizon for warranty work? I just sent my truck in for service under the warranty, but it got me thinking. I'm a newb, and the shop I bought it from tried to convince me to change out the battery connections to XT60. If I had followed the advice, wouldn't that have voided the warranty?
I was just curious.

They sent me a few of the craptastic dig servos. They were easy and friendly to work with.

I did not have to send my whole truck in though.
tonered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:56 AM   #3

Yeah, they already sent me a new receiver esc combo, but when that didn't help, they asked me to send them the truck. I didn't end up following the recommendation from the hobby shop and changing my connectors. I was just curious if anyone knew if that would have voided the warranty on the electronics, I'd have to imagine that it would have.

Old 06-22-2021, 08:09 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.gerwig View Post
Yeah, they already sent me a new receiver esc combo, but when that didn't help, they asked me to send them the truck. I didn't end up following the recommendation from the hobby shop and changing my connectors. I was just curious if anyone knew if that would have voided the warranty on the electronics, I'd have to imagine that it would have.

Interesting. I have a feeling that I may end up in the same spot. I have been meaning to do more checking with the ESC, but I might just trash it and get something better.

I did swap the IC5 connector for a Deans to match the packs that I already had.
tonered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:16 AM   #5

I am a total newbie to the hobby, so I just grabbed a couple of the smart batteries so I didn't have to change anything right away. I could see them claiming that my modifications voided the warranty. Once the warranty is up, though, I think I'll definitely be changing stuff.

Warranty Service - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nylint Customer Service, Whats covered by warranty Nylint Customer Service General Crawlers 8 08-31-2005 01:59 PM