Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Questions on the speed servo and the motor cover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2021, 11:16 AM   #1

Default Questions on the speed servo and the motor cover

I have 2 questions:

I'm running a Castle motor and ESC. Is there a way to use the motor cover without having concern about the heat from the motor ruining the motor wires? If anyone has pictures of this that would be awesome.

I'm debating on installing a servo for the hi-speed/low-speed gearing. Do I have to use the Spektrum one (the kind the dig uses), or are there other options that will work/fit?
synic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2021, 03:25 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Questions on the speed servo and the motor cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by synic View Post
I have 2 questions:

I'm running a Castle motor and ESC. Is there a way to use the motor cover without having concern about the heat from the motor ruining the motor wires? If anyone has pictures of this that would be awesome.

I'm debating on installing a servo for the hi-speed/low-speed gearing. Do I have to use the Spektrum one (the kind the dig uses), or are there other options that will work/fit?
If you are concerned about heat, remove the scale covers. The RTR motor was getting hot in mine from a combo of them being there and leaving it in the high range while doing some hard crawling.

There are a few other speed servo options, but I have done a good job of roasting them, even with the end points set.

Traxxas, Reefs, AMain EcoPower, and others have servos that work. Servo horn / savers need to be kludged depending.
tonered is offline   Reply With Quote

Questions on the speed servo and the motor cover - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dumb SCX10 II servo voltage/torque/speed questions ANZAC Newbie General 4 05-01-2020 10:14 AM
New motor, esc, servo, bec...questions jayross101 Axial Wraith 3 11-04-2012 02:53 PM
Motor break in and winch servo questions mudrinner4ever Electronics 2 05-01-2007 05:37 AM