Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Why????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Why????

i'm just wondering why there are so many wraith's popping up in the for sale section? are they junk or are people just not happy with them? it's like the wraith was a big hype and now they are beeing sold or parted out. so what's the deal?
dkchance74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

mine is a hastle and $$$$ as im replacing parts all the time.

I think people are relizing how expensive they are to keep running, ive HAD to buy new rod ends, drive shafts, tranny gears, links, and electronics because the stock stuf broke or i wasnt happy with it, but its a very fun rig...... when it runs.

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 08-14-2011 at 12:31 PM.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
mine is a hastle and $$$$ as im replacing parts all the time.

I think people are relizing how expensive they are to keep running, ive HAD to buy new rod ends, drive shafts, tranny gears, links, and electronics because the stock stuf broke or i wasnt happy with it, but its a very fun rig...... when it runs.
If you were to buy the rtr honcho then you would have to do the same thing.if you just cruise them they don't brake anything.but if you think you can beat the shit out of it and have nothing brake then you are mistaken about that.
Every axial rig needs better trans gears and drive shafts minus the XR10 on the drive shafts.JMO.

I love my Wraith because I can beat on it pretty hard and not worry about it like my hard body scalers.

Have yet to run my new 3S goat system but we will see.I'm sure I'll need to get trans gears and driveshafts but that's life of the rc crawlers.more power equals more broken parts.
HillbillyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

the ax10 was the same when that came out you were better off buying the upgrades then buy the stock of what you needed to make it run. but saying thats theres not that many wraiths in the fs section mainly ones that people brought two as they were to impationt to wait for the place they had ordered to get them in so brought from somewhere that did have them in stock and then sell the one they ordered on when it arrived.
al3x_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

When buying any RTR truck,you have to expect some wrenching to be done,due to all plastic pieces and companys trying to get these thing out of the factorys.you have to know that the servo,plastic steering parts,plastic tranny gears,and some driveshafts need to be upgraded.I upgrade mine straight from the start,novak goat 3s and 18.5 ballistic motor,hi-tech servo,vp steering links,hubs,knuckles,vp lower links and metal tranny gears and mip's driveshafts.. for the punishment we put things things thru,they hold up well.its all part of the hobby.....

My honest opinon is if you complain that much about your plastic parts being junk.your in the wrong hobby.if Axial were to sell a RTR with all upgraded parts,not many people would buy them,cause they would be to expensive.

And i love my Axial wraith and my 2.2 scx-10 hilux truggy and my 1.9 scx-10 hilux.

It's all part of the hobby,people..........

Last edited by sloyota; 08-14-2011 at 04:16 PM.
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone collector View Post
If you were to buy the rtr honcho then you would have to do the same thing.if you just cruise them they don't brake anything.but if you think you can beat the shit out of it and have nothing brake then you are mistaken about that.
Every axial rig needs better trans gears and drive shafts minus the XR10 on the drive shafts.JMO.

I love my Wraith because I can beat on it pretty hard and not worry about it like my hard body scalers.

Have yet to run my new 3S goat system but we will see.I'm sure I'll need to get trans gears and driveshafts but that's life of the rc crawlers.more power equals more broken parts.
ive got a honcho kit, and i didnt have any problems with with my honcho even after a HH 30T motor and 3s lipo. its the 2.2's and speed that kills the wraith, i have honestly tested the limints of mine and found them a little sooner than I expected i blew my tranny gears running in sand last night.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
RCC Addict

For some folks they jump on the "next fad" and get tired of it, some folks buy it and break it so much it puts them in the RC poor house so they sell it. and some peeps buy it to use the scale parts for a custom scale build and sell the rest. some people buy it and don't think it lives up to the hype and are dissatisfied with it and sell out. Many different reasons.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
ive got a honcho kit, and i didnt have any problems with with my honcho even after a HH 30T motor and 3s lipo. its the 2.2's and speed that kills the wraith, i have honestly tested the limints of mine and found them a little sooner than I expected i blew my tranny gears running in sand last night.
Wanna unload the axles?
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i ran mine for about 5 min. at my LHS, paid for it, brought it home, and imediatly tore it down. i had mine for a week before i even played with it just doing upgrades. i figure i'd upgrade first so i wouldnt be dissapointed on the trail. i am completely happy with mine.
stick-boy-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Wanna unload the axles?
never said I wanted to ditch the rig, I like running it just need to make it bullet proof! first!
Old 08-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I didn't mean to come across like an asshole so sorry if I did.

Just ment that when I built my SCX10 kit.I put in the HH 7t pulled motor and smoked the trans and the drive shafts right away.I was just saying that stock plastic sucks that's all.
HillbillyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #12
RcBros Hobbies

Happens with every new rig.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Well, I'm a grand into mine and it's a keeper. Still needs a little work to withstand my abuse though.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
Well, I'm a grand into mine and it's a keeper. Still needs a little work to withstand my abuse though.
WOW
Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

I think a lot of people believed the hype too much and expected the wraith to be a "perfect" do everything truck right from the box.

So far I have:
Metal tranny gears
Brushless system
Hammers (tires)
Links
Servo

And I don't even have the rig yet. My plan is to collect the parts I will need through trades over the next few months, then grab a used Wraith after X-mas.
Mud Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone collector View Post
I didn't mean to come across like an asshole so sorry if I did.

Just ment that when I built my SCX10 kit.I put in the HH 7t pulled motor and smoked the trans and the drive shafts right away.I was just saying that stock plastic sucks that's all.
your good!

but Losi LCC drive shafts are the only drive shafts that i havent needed to replace, IMO plastic just cant handle it.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Puppy View Post
I think a lot of people believed the hype too much and expected the wraith to be a "perfect" do everything truck right from the box.

So far I have:
Metal tranny gears
Brushless system
Hammers (tires)
Links
Servo

And I don't even have the rig yet. My plan is to collect the parts I will need through trades over the next few months, then grab a used Wraith after X-mas.
good thinking
Old 08-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Puppy View Post

So far I have:
Metal tranny gears
Brushless system
Hammers (tires)
Links
Servo

MIP drive shafts will be a must as well.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
your good!

but Losi LCC drive shafts are the only drive shafts that i havent needed to replace, IMO plastic just cant handle it.
Lcc's are butter. I either bust pins or shatter the plastic countless times. Still running the stock rear wraith shaft with a aluminum sleave. Front I sleaved and broke when a dogbone locked up with a 4 cell lipo to a 550 brushless. Now two female shafts and a male center. No prolems now.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:49 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkchance74 View Post
WOW
whats the WOW all about your surprised at somebody spending a grand into a wraith or any rig for that matter
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote