Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Another wraith.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #221
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Another wraith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyT333 View Post
Nice rig for sure man!
I thought I would bring this back up and ask how the corrosion x held up? Did you ever have any issues or have to reapply, or was it golden all this time?
I really dig the look there at the end with the Mayhems on it, very sexy...
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've used corrosion x both the dip and aerosol, Plastidip canned and aerosol versions, small jewelry bags twisted and zip tied at the ends with some type of waterproof grease, dielectric grease, liquid tape, and finally marine grease.

For escs or BEC Plastidip lasts forever. I don't like corrosion x because it leaves a very oily residue so after running a lot of mud and dirt builds up, jewelry bags tied up and twisted with waterproof grease is safe as long as u make sure there are no pinholes in the bag. Dielectric grease is splash resistant at best, liquid tape flakes off over time, and marine grease is just way too sticky and thick.

Go with corrosion x if you want ease of the spray just make sure that you get all the gaps filled. Also corrosion x does fade and will need reapplication. I've never had to reconstruct Plastidip on anything.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links