Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: The Violators Wraith build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Where can you get that light bar? I saw one on another rig but it didn't say what it was. I have been looking for something like that. Can it run off of 2s? I run 2s and 3s just depends on where I am.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Got the Pro4 out and the Novak 6.5t 550 motor. I would say that the Pro4 might be a tad smoother in the first 10% of trigger pull, but there is no cogging, and I have tons of wheel speed on 3s.

SO at this point I returned kralws pro4 and took one of his 5000 3s 40c batteries. So he is still better off at this point.

On to the wheelspeed. I think it does better donuts than my slash 4x4 and Losi SCTE.

The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Nice so that was the 6.5t?
I wonder how my 13.5t ballistic will do, ill have to try the 13 and 14mm rotor!

That pro4 is gotta have some crazy power!

Whats with the toy in the background
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Rig looks nice bro,them donuts get even sweeter with 4ws!
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Very fun donut time Ted!

I bet it jumps well too!
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Yeah, where'd you get that awesome light bar, I definitely need one!
troutbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Very cool Ted! I was just about to pm you asking about it. Looks like its working really well!
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=The Violator;3340164]Got the Pro4 out and the Novak 6.5t 550 motor. I would say that the Pro4 might be a tad smoother in the first 10% of trigger pull, but there is no cogging, and I have tons of wheel speed on 3s.

SO at this point I returned kralws pro4 and took one of his 5000 3s 40c batteries. So he is still better off at this point.

On to the wheelspeed. I think it does better donuts than my slash 4x4 and Losi SCTE.

very good video is awesome!
are you able to run some crawl spot with tekin Pro4?
at low speed have you enough thottle control?
now i run ballistic 18.5 12.5 rotor on 3s with goat esc and 20t pinion..
guidetti_angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #29
RCC Addict

I took the wraith out to the track last night. She would not clear the double, but was fun anyway. I also took it for its first trail ride today with not so great results. She broke a rod end, and kicked both beads on the front tires again. Is anyone else having issues with the ripsaws, or is it just my rc4wd wheels.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
I took the wraith out to the track last night. She would not clear the double, but was fun anyway. I also took it for its first trail ride today with not so great results. She broke a rod end, and kicked both beads on the front tires again. Is anyone else having issues with the ripsaws, or is it just my rc4wd wheels.
Its your RC4WD wheels. They don't like to hold the bead on anything but RC4WD tires from my experience and from what I have heard from other people.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
Its your RC4WD wheels. They don't like to hold the bead on anything but RC4WD tires from my experience and from what I have heard from other people.
Not just RC4WD Wheels. My VP's are spitting them to. Word is Axial changed the bead last minute.
DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Im running R35 ripsaws on .7 slw and havent had one prob with the beads.They were a pain to mount up but holding like a champ.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Im running R35 ripsaws on .7 slw and havent had one prob with the beads.They were a pain to mount up but holding like a champ.
Same here, took forever to get them seated properly, but once in they are staying there.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #34
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Same here, took forever to get them seated properly, but once in they are staying there.
3 times. Pain to mount, strong hold though.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiEzel View Post
Not just RC4WD Wheels. My VP's are spitting them to. Word is Axial changed the bead last minute.
Mine are holding without a problem on my VP wheels. But like has already been said they were a pain to mount right and if they aren't right they will come right out.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #36

Looks like the light bar is one of the LED light kits that can be found at automotive stores for real vehicles. I could be wrong, but it sure does appear that way.

Nice build though!
CarbonRevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #37
RCC Addict

I am thinking a little dollar store super glue might just help them out. I am tired of every time I drive this breaking down the tires and wheels. I need to try a stiffer foam, the stock foam is ok for crawling, but any speed makes them really lean over. I am thinking f400 foams, I have one pair and will try them as soon as I get time.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #38
RCC Addict

A few updates:

I finally got paid from that Kidney I sold. I picked up a set of VP knuckles and chubs. I also put in the VP tranny housing.

Not this VP tranny

This one.

The VP parts fit tight, but they really sturdy up the front end. I had to rethink the steering a little to get all the throw but it works well and is strong.

I also crossed into full blown scale homo and added drivers. Bluntman and Chronic. I am a big Kevin Smith fan and they seemed appropriate. They will need a little cutting to get them in right, but that will be next week at the crawl lab. Once they fit they will get put in with shoe goo and they should never come back out.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Default Re: The Violators Wraith build

A few updates.

I added rear steer,and swapped out wheels and tires. I could not get the bead to hold on the rc4wd wheel, so I glued them. They hold now, but when it was time to switch tires, a new set of wheels was added to the mix. VP wheels and rc4wd tires were needed. Also I hit up John at Fubar and he cut me some bead lock rings, and some spacer rings to make sure the tires hold the bead. As always fit and finish on his stuff was perfect. Add in some colored screws and the bling is complete.

I also added rear steer. I really do not think it is worth the hassle. But I have it, so I will keep it for now.

The only real issue I had was torque twist. The extra power was fun for wheelies, but it wanted to almost throw itself over. I know there is lots of voo doo about this and that but I thought there might be a better way to fix the problem instead of band aid the issue. Counter rotating drives shafts are the answer, at least in my opinion.

So far so good. The torque twist is gone. I am excited to try it out in a slow moving comp 2.2s rig.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Default Re: The Violators Wraith build

Wheels, tires, and rings looks sick. Looks like I need to get a hold of John.

Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote