Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith
Loading

Notices

Thread: KoH style Wraith

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave
 
Natedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Corruptifornia
Posts: 12,107
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

Wow, nice lights...all of them! Like your narrow width with those wheels and 0.225" hubs! Did the bent links eliminate the rub at full steering? How bad was the rub? Assuming it was just on the lower links...
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #42
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Penngrove
Posts: 1,809
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Wow, nice lights...all of them! Like your narrow width with those wheels and 0.225" hubs! Did the bent links eliminate the rub at full steering? How bad was the rub? Assuming it was just on the lower links...
Thx on the lights...was on CAD until 12:30AM again last night...more cool stuff is coming!

The hub situation is actually a real pisser...
- .225" hubs with universals and stock links rub bad!
- .225" hubs with universals and bent links rub even worse!
- .350" hubs with bend links and universals rub bad!

Apparently the only solution is .475" hubs! Just what I wanted to do is spend another $30 and have another set of hubs laying around idle. Be warned...!
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #43
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,267
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

That Roof light, did come out pretty cool, I like the rock lights you put in too. Wraith is looking good
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave
 
Natedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Corruptifornia
Posts: 12,107
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
Thx on the lights...was on CAD until 12:30AM again last night...more cool stuff is coming!

The hub situation is actually a real pisser...
- .225" hubs with universals and stock links rub bad!
- .225" hubs with universals and bent links rub even worse!
- .350" hubs with bend links and universals rub bad!

Apparently the only solution is .475" hubs! Just what I wanted to do is spend another $30 and have another set of hubs laying around idle. Be warned...!
Thx for the info....wider Wraith is NOT what I want! Did you try turning the lower links 90 degrees...I've seen them run two different ways with the way the bends line up. Pics?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:26 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave
 
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: On the G-Train!!!!!
Posts: 6,081
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

Wow your lighting is amazing. Daddy like!
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #46
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Penngrove
Posts: 1,809
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
That Roof light, did come out pretty cool, I like the rock lights you put in too. Wraith is looking good
Thx bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Thx for the info....wider Wraith is NOT what I want! Did you try turning the lower links 90 degrees...I've seen them run two different ways with the way the bends line up. Pics?
I tried turning the lower front links by 90 deg but then I get some binding in the suspension and they still rub a bit at full lock. I'm planning on .475"s up front and keeping the .350"s in the rear....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Wow your lighting is amazing. Daddy like!
Thanks!
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #47
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UTAH COUNTY
Posts: 837
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

idk whats different with your wraith and mine, but I'm running the same wheels on .225 hubs and don't have issues with my links..
I still have the "bumpstops" on the back of my knuckles. So I would assume that is why I dont hit the links with my tires. I'm also running the .700 slw v2 wheels. Not the 1in slw v2's.

Last edited by jthellfire911; 01-22-2012 at 06:01 PM.
jthellfire911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #48
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Penngrove
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthellfire911 View Post
idk whats different with your wraith and mine, but I'm running the same wheels on .225 hubs and don't have issues with my links..
I still have the "bumpstops" on the back of my knuckles. So I would assume that is why I dont hit the links with my tires. I'm also running the .700 slw v2 wheels. Not the 1in slw v2's.
.7's should definitely rub less than 1's. Do you run Axial universals? What tires you have?
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #49
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UTAH COUNTY
Posts: 837
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
.7's should definitely rub less than 1's. Do you run Axial universals? What tires you have?
Yes Im running the axial universals and I am running the tsl boggers. Look at my build thread and see.
Even with the 1in ones I dont see why they would rub.
jthellfire911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #50
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: sebastopol
Posts: 910
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

Looking sweet Eric,nicely done.
J-FAB NOR-CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #51
www.team3sixrc.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scalerville
Posts: 4,506
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

now that's some brightness Eric
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 157
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

Nice truck! What volts do the 2" rock lights use?
rc's suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #53
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 5280 feet high...
Posts: 760
Default

Sick. All you need now is some lights.


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.946813,-104.771288
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #54
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Penngrove
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc's suck View Post
Nice truck! What volts do the 2" rock lights use?
12v max. 3s lipo is perfect.
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #55
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Penngrove
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulo747 View Post
Sick. All you need now is some lights.


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.946813,-104.771288
Thx! Should I install some more lights?...lol
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #56
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: grass valley ca 530
Posts: 73
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

lights are sick ill be hitting you up soon for a roof light bar soon...as for the rock lights any other color available????
rockin86runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave
 
toy4crawlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Campbell, CA 4 hrs 2Rubicon !
Posts: 2,044
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

Very cool

starting relative same build
thanks for sharing


ear mark.
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: denver
Posts: 301
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

couldent tell if you had to remove a front link with the cms and panhard?
big daddy smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #59
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Penngrove
Posts: 1,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy smokes View Post
couldent tell if you had to remove a front link with the cms and panhard?
Yep
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #60
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Blacksburg
Posts: 506
Default Re: KoH style Wraith

couldn't you adjust you end point adjustment on the radio so the tires don't hit the links? had to on mine with 600 hubs and the SV2 1inch.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com