Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

View Poll Results: What is better rig?
Wraith 12 50.00%
Honcho 12 50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Ultimate trail rig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #1

Talking Ultimate trail rig?

So i have had a wraith for awhile now..... love it...... been totally stock.... have tried to break it pretty much and only think I have is a servo arm..... I am finally wanting more..... My buddy has a honcho and really loves that...... my question is before I dump $$$$ into what is everyone opinion? Anybody have both to compare? Cant wait to hear so I can start the build!
mrallen0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #2

Default Re: Ultimate trail rig?

sorry just realized i probably put this thread in wrong sections.... so here is my build so far......

mrallen0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrallen0 View Post
So i have had a wraith for awhile now..... love it...... been totally stock.... have tried to break it pretty much and only think I have is a servo arm..... I am finally wanting more..... My buddy has a honcho and really loves that...... my question is before I dump $$$$ into what is everyone opinion? Anybody have both to compare? Cant wait to hear so I can start the build!

I would recommend to write a list of pros and cons of both. Don't forget things like cost, ease to work on, cost of upgrades.
I can say My Wraith kicks Ass. I don't think thats what yer lookin for though.
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
RCC Addict

having both, i would say the SCX10 is easier to work on for me atleast. i enjoy both equally but my 10 is always my go to rig. both are great runners and have never failed me and they go anywhere. i dont think you can go wrong with either. all ive done to both are beef up the tranny, drive shafts and steering and havent broken anything.

Last edited by crawlhog; 01-13-2012 at 01:27 PM.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Scx10 frame, build a wroncho.
speed ghilliesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Both. That's my take on it anyway. Some days I have to flip a coin to decide which one to take.

I have both (kits) and they are both a blast to hit the trails OR the rocks with. They're totally different though and it's hard to compare.. The honcho with small 1.9's can make light work of most any hiking trail and is challenging to drive and very rewarding when you get it right. The Wraith is much bigger and feels that way when driven and it's wide axles and tall tires give it stability and ground clearance and gives you a lot of confidence.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I have both with almost the same set up, Both have MMP and Teking Sensored Motor but the SCX10 17.5 and the Wraith is 13.5. Honestly my Wraith is awesome. Other then the length to me it does better then the SCX10. But like said about its just a coin toss because there both just as FUN.
Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I have both and my fave rig at the moment is my Wraith with the Holmes 35T setup . Wide and stable , I just get it more places than my Honcho , both are pretty much set for crawling . As a trail rig my Wraith with Tekin 17.5T is a weapon , roosts like the Showtime 1:1 crawler . its good fun in a straight line but any turns at speed on a surface with traction , forget it , its "roof" time. I will eventually put sway bars on it to calm it down but at the moment I am enjoying crawling too much with the 35T rig.
northkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i have both, and they are both set up for crawling. i use my wraith when i dont want to put forth any effort and want to just point and shoot. when im in the mood to think and pay attention i run my honcho. so i guess i would say i like them both the same, but i use them for different purposes.
stick-boy-rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Ultimate trail rig? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LJ Trail rig. Just Zach 1.9 Scale Rigs 131 03-22-2012 09:18 AM
The "Farm" Ultimate trail run... Oct 2? jetboat Illinois 22 10-04-2011 06:25 AM
Trail Rig Iberian Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 02-24-2010 11:21 PM
What would be your ultimate rig? PROTOTYPE Chit Chat 12 06-03-2007 04:03 PM