Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: LINKS...Bent or Straight????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #21
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: LINKS...Bent or Straight????

I like straight links on the bottom. Slides nicely right over stuff and much less likely to bend on hard falls which I've had happen with bent links.. It gives them a convenient place to bend MORE on impacts.

Just have to do a little trimming on the skid plate so the rod ends don't bind on the skid. I'm using Revo solid steel links... $10 a pair, already have the rod ends I would've used anyway, and they're the perfect length.. Wasn't worth trying to make for that price.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: LINKS...Bent or Straight????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
i made some bent rear lowers for mine, and used XR10 longer uppers with a longer rod end to raise the pinion angle so it's above the rear links.

I like that double bend. For me it would correct pinion angle and also make the ball ends stop rubbing the bottom of the shock mount.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote

LINKS...Bent or Straight???? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bent links or straight links legion1capone General Crawlers 11 01-21-2010 04:32 AM
Delrin Links Bent VS. Straight abadk9420 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 07-26-2009 12:03 PM
Straight or bent links for Rockbull nitro57 Tamiya Clod Buster 12 03-28-2006 08:18 AM