Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Quick question...first time kit build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Quick question...first time kit build

Hey,

I have the axles and the rest of the drive train assembled and bolted to the skid plate. When I pick up the skid plate and let the front and rear axles fully droop, I cannot spin my driveshafts anymore because they are binding somewhere in there until I lessen the angles on the f/r driveshafts. Would this binding be happening in my transmission gears or diff gears ? Is this just too severe an angle for the driveshafts to handle? I'll take it all apart and investigate for myself but since this is my first ever build I figured maybe one of you guys would know or could steer me in the right direction...

As a side note, it's being built as a crawler so I think I could hit all my gears with some more grease anyways.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
RMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Quick question...first time kit build

Likely too much angle on the driveshafts. They will never get even close to that angle once you have everything all connected.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Quick question...first time kit build

yep as long as it spins freely when everything is pretty much level, i.e. sitting all flat on a table, then you'll be good as long as you build all the links per the instructions. if you make custom links and try to change the angles of the axles you have to be careful how far you change the angles.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick question...first time kit build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st time building kit wraith question chapter Axial Wraith 8 12-28-2011 12:21 PM
Wraith Kit Build TIme RednekCrawler Axial Wraith 18 12-17-2011 08:12 AM
Newb planning on the Kit. got one quick question PontiacGT201 Axial SCX-10 11 01-21-2011 03:49 PM
Just a quick question about Scoripion Kit jayliu1984 Newbie General 5 04-10-2008 01:30 PM