Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: My BULLET PROOF Axial Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My BULLET PROOF Axial Wraith

Well, I'm about 1 month into this build and have got just about all the parts on it that I want. But now I want to give it some sharp scale looks. I would love some suggestions. Here's what I have so far.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338417863.783723.jpg
Views: 5728
Size:  62.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338417907.463036.jpg
Views: 1595
Size:  172.5 KB
flyingrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

One more thing I just did,Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338419272.729120.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  88.8 KB
Old 05-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: My BULLET PROOF Axial Wraith

Wow, ive been pondering over this for about and hour now. I cant think of one thing to do here. Come on people. I know there's ideas out there somewhere!!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Have patience! First and most important. Don't want to come across as a demanding person or attention guru.

Now your rig looks really good for what is expected for a rtr. If you want suggestions on what you want, you need to ask yourself, how do I want to use it.

If you say you want both, kinda hard. Crawling? Rock racer? Do you have a budget? Is this your only rig you use most of the time.

These things can go in any direction, really it can. Now what I did for three months straight was, I did my own homework, and did what I wanted to do. Not what others did but what I wanted to do with mine. I Decided what upgrades I wanted and read and read and read others to find flaws.

Now, I'm only be straight forward with you because I don't want your questions unanswered and think that some of are too blunt or ignorant. Most of us are great bunch of good people. I think the only way that this RC keeps going and makes it fun, is pass it on.

Be polite, ask good questions and I'm gonna say it again. Must do your own homework if you want to learn.

Last thing, start thinking about a budget.

It can get very expensive fast!

Hope that helps and please don't take any offense on what I said, just need a better approach.
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Get those guns off the side panel and mounted in the interior somewhere. No one in their right mind would mount expensive and important equipment such as that where it WILL get torn off and destroyed by a rock or any other number of things on the trail.

Other than that, looking good!
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog Madigan View Post
Have patience! First and most important. Don't want to come across as a demanding person or attention guru.

Now your rig looks really good for what is expected for a rtr. If you want suggestions on what you want, you need to ask yourself, how do I want to use it.

If you say you want both, kinda hard. Crawling? Rock racer? Do you have a budget? Is this your only rig you use most of the time.

These things can go in any direction, really it can. Now what I did for three months straight was, I did my own homework, and did what I wanted to do. Not what others did but what I wanted to do with mine. I Decided what upgrades I wanted and read and read and read others to find flaws.

Now, I'm only be straight forward with you because I don't want your questions unanswered and think that some of are too blunt or ignorant. Most of us are great bunch of good people. I think the only way that this RC keeps going and makes it fun, is pass it on.

Be polite, ask good questions and I'm gonna say it again. Must do your own homework if you want to learn.

Last thing, start thinking about a budget.

It can get very expensive fast!

Hope that helps and please don't take any offense on what I said, just need a better approach.
I may come across as a newb, so im gonna give you some history about this rig. I bought it as a kit about a month and a half ago. It's really been in the making for about 2 months as far as picturing what I want, saving up money, etc. So I got this in the mail, along with a spextrum 2 channel radio and a traxxas vxl brushless system. Well, got everything together and broke ALOT of things and decided to get it where I wanted it. Sooo all aluminium linkages, steering horn, hi tec servo with a massive 333oz of torque at 6v, new esc with built in BEC, new intercro boggers, proline 8-shooters, aluminum steering knuckles, c-hubs, aluminum diff covers, blah blah blah. Anyways, I got this rig where I want it. Except for the looks and scale department.

Trust me on this one, I know about the money part of it. God help me. Haha!!
But, im not looking to crawl, im looking to go fast on the trails and look damn good doing it. I just don't know what to do to make it look amazing. Ya know.

Im not really at a budget anymore because i've got all the heavy spending over with. So i'll take just about any price considering.

Ohh and trust me. I do, do my homework. Too much my parents say! I'm 13 going on 14 and i've been in the hobby for a good solid 3 years.
Its been a good 3 years that for sure.

I think you could better help me in my situation now.
Thanks!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Get those guns off the side panel and mounted in the interior somewhere. No one in their right mind would mount expensive and important equipment such as that where it WILL get torn off and destroyed by a rock or any other number of things on the trail.

Other than that, looking good!
Ehhh, these are those cheap ass getto guns that only cost $5 in the world of 1:10. Haha! Trust me bro. This rigs gonna start looking better!!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:43 AM   #8
RCC Addict

esc's have internal BEC's. With that servo you will want an external programable BEC. Castle Creations is the best IMO. Your internal BEC with that servo is going to be nothing but problems. Really anything over 200oz requires and external BEC.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Yea, it says that the internals got 6.0v. But your right, I may run into some problems
Old 05-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Just packed up! Heading down, or up to the North GA mountains!! I'll be sure to get some pictures and maybe some footage!!!! shock: :oo ps:
Old 05-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #11

Im building a wraith my self and I started from the bottom up all links . New drive shafts. Integy axles and shocks. A droop kit . New 55turn motor , hitech digital servo. External bec and suicide steering . Then my wife shut me down so it will look like a wraith for a while but in time the body will get some work. So you do what makes you happy with vehicle and dont worry about what other people think it's your truck build it the way you want.
Stuck like chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingrc View Post
Ehhh, these are those cheap ass getto guns that only cost $5 in the world of 1:10. Haha! Trust me bro. This rigs gonna start looking better!!
I think he may have been referring to that fact that, in the real world, nobody in their right mind would mount both of the two guns they had in their possession, on the outside of their rig. You said you wanted scale appearance... Have you ever seen a real truck driving down the road with the guns on the outside?

People are offering suggestions to you, and quite honestly - I think you are coming off a bit rude.

Any way, this is a great place to come to learn about this expensive hobby. Have fun with it any way you want!

Lol just realized this is a two year old thread.

Last edited by rknaub; 05-25-2014 at 08:33 PM.
rknaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:48 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknaub View Post
I think he may have been referring to that fact that, in the real world, nobody in their right mind would mount both of the two guns they had in their possession, on the outside of their rig. You said you wanted scale appearance... Have you ever seen a real truck driving down the road with the guns on the outside?

People are offering suggestions to you, and quite honestly - I think you are coming off a bit rude.

Any way, this is a great place to come to learn about this expensive hobby. Have fun with it any way you want!

Lol just realized this is a two year old thread.
Got to love when noobs dig up an old one
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote

My BULLET PROOF Axial Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bullet Proof Build powerhound Axial XR10 13 04-22-2012 01:21 PM
What parts will make Axial axles "near bullet proof"? Stormin2u Axial AX-10 Scorpion 29 12-03-2010 02:17 PM