RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   W.O.D. inspired family 4 seater buggy, "Southern Comfort" by CFM (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/392583-w-o-d-inspired-family-4-seater-buggy-southern-comfort-cfm.html)

Grizzly4x4 08-31-2012 07:01 PM

Re: W.O.D. inspired family 4 seater buggy, "Southern Comfort" by CFM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3894060)
Hate to admit it, got the rears mounted right now and like the width on them. Really helps offset the height. I'm not gonna give you the pleasure of saying I love them though but they may be staying on here.

All I'm gonna say is I'm glad you found something that will do for now. I love the look of the IROKs, RC4WD really nailed it with those tires. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3894060)
I still want my scale 5.5-5.625 though.
I pray to 8lbs 6oz baby Jesus every night for Bias TSLs

I run IROKs on my 1:1 and love them, I've waited a long time for a 49" IROK for Guido so I understand your want for the TSL's. 8) Maybe tiny infant Jesus will deliver for you. "thumbsup":ror:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3894359)
Thinking something simple and mild like this.

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r...72ECA29C9D.jpg

I like the simple look of the stripes. "thumbsup" I agree with you matching all the blue. For die cut decals talk to some of the paint guys.

CarterFab 08-31-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 3895649)
All I'm gonna say is I'm glad you found something that will do for now. I love the look of the IROKs, RC4WD really nailed it with those tires. "thumbsup"

I run IROKs on my 1:1 and love them, I've waited a long time for a 49" IROK for Guido so I understand your want for the TSL's. 8) Maybe tiny infant Jesus will deliver for you. "thumbsup":ror:

I like the simple look of the stripes. "thumbsup" I agree with you matching all the blue. For die cut decals talk to some of the paint guys.

I'll know once I run it if they will stay. They are hands down the most scale tire produced even with the new pit bulls coming. These have all the sidewall lettering and even the dang wear strips in between the tread.
Ive never had good luck with iroks 1:1. They don't hook up for crap wet here. I run old school MTRs or bias TSLs.

Carter Fab & Machine: Hand Made Customs

doublej 08-31-2012 08:28 PM

Darken the blue on the panels and I see you got some tubed out sexiness right there Sir!
Now with the panels all done up your making me want to build a copycat. It really comes together as a whole package.

CarterFab 08-31-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublej (Post 3895769)
Darken the blue on the panels and I see you got some tubed out sexiness right there Sir!
Now with the panels all done up your making me want to build a copycat. It really comes together as a whole package.

The blue matches the anodized parts on the shocks perfectly. Might just run the chassis silver. That's the very last thing to do though so I got time to stew over it.
I strongly encourage you to not copy me. If you decide to build one similar, do not copy the windshield bars and front half of the roof. That's my thing that I put on all my rigs. I'm not a fan of owning something someone else does and that would require me to get rid of this truck. And I don't want to.

War Pig 08-31-2012 09:25 PM

Glad you got the tires and that you like them so much! They are very scale looking detailed tires. Looks like you washed them too "thumbsup". Rig looks GREAT with the blue graphics. I think I'll build one exactly like it too.

Grizzly4x4 08-31-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3895738)
Ive never had good luck with iroks 1:1. They don't hook up for crap wet here. I run old school MTRs or bias TSLs.

They work amazing in the deep snow here and work very well on the rocks. "thumbsup" About the best year round tire I've seen for Colorado and Wyoming.
Quote:

Originally Posted by doublej (Post 3895769)

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 3895833)
Glad you got the tires and that you like them so much! They are very scale looking detailed tires. Looks like you washed them too "thumbsup". Rig looks GREAT with the blue graphics. I think I'll build one exactly like it too.

Wait till you guys see the new CFM inspired windshield on Guido. I'm almost done. "thumbsup"

CarterFab 08-31-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 3895877)

Wait till you guys see the new CFM inspired windshield on Guido. I'm almost done. "thumbsup"

You better not!!! Better be using that term inspired loosely.

doublej 08-31-2012 11:41 PM

I don't get it.......

dieselfuel 09-01-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3895798)
I strongly encourage you to not copy me. If you decide to build one similar, do not copy the windshield bars and front half of the roof. That's my thing that I put on all my rigs. I'm not a fan of owning something someone else does and that would require me to get rid of this truck. And I don't want to.
You better not!!! Better be using that term inspired loosely.

seriously? thats a little strange...

CarterFab 09-01-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselfuel (Post 3896043)
seriously? thats a little strange...

Grizz and I are just being smart asses.

But I really don't want someone using that part of the cage. Cant stop anyone but like a little individuality. I'm all for someone building another clone of the W.O.D. chassis, and that's the reason I changed the cage on mine, and to just show my favorite cage Adam ever built.

89lxmorepower 09-01-2012 10:08 PM

Your rig is sweet dude also i sent you a pm

CarterFab 09-01-2012 10:11 PM

Wife bought me a 10x16 building for my birthday and I'm finally getting moved in. Beats the heck out of sharing the 10x10 room in the house I was working out of, that I had maybe 50sq ft of. Now just need to get a couple machines and finish moving.
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r...E101AE9626.jpg
Been working on it for the past couple weeks, it was just a shell so I had to wire it, finish out the interior, and build my countertops. The white is dry erase friendly, won't be needing any scratch paper anymore, haha! Will also provide a nice area to take pictures.

Colby 09-01-2012 10:16 PM

Wow! What a great wife you have sir! "thumbsup" Awesome looking place and such a great looking rig. You know I love your axles, but the entre rig is sick. Adams rigs are awesome, I love my version of the blower buggy.

Not gonna lie, I was thrown off by the smartassery as well :mrgreen:

CarterFab 09-01-2012 10:23 PM

Like text messages, sarcasm doesn't translate and I don't understand all those silly smiley face thingies. I really don't care if someone were to clone something I made. And isn't imitation the highest form of flattery.

The wife definitely kicks ass. But she benefits highly from the space also. She works from home mostly and she was cramped up in the office.

Grizzly4x4 09-01-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3897035)
Grizz and I are just being smart asses.

:mrgreen: :ror:
I'm loving the new work area Clay. Great idea on the dry erase countertops.

doublej 09-01-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3897060)
Like text messages, sarcasm doesn't translate and I don't understand all those silly smiley face thingies. I really don't care if someone were to clone something I made. And isn't imitation the highest form of flattery.

That was my point in making the comment. But those windshield bars have been used on who knows how many 1:1s.

CarterFab 09-01-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 3897073)
:mrgreen: :ror:
I'm loving the new work area Clay. Great idea on the dry erase countertops.

Me too but the Vicodin isn't kicking in quick enough tonight. Doing it all by myself is a beating. The countertops are really nice and cheap. It's hardboard that has a hard gloss finish. Think a 4x8 sheet was $12.

Bulldog 09-01-2012 11:16 PM

The man barn looks great, the benches look great...I love the air conditioner! Now, can I get a shot of my axles in the machine shop?:lmao:

CarterFab 09-02-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldog (Post 3897128)
The man barn looks great, the benches look great...I love the air conditioner! Now, can I get a shot of my axles in the machine shop?:lmao:

Thanks.
I'm hopefully gonna be in the shop tomorrow. Just depends on if I'm still on kid duty. Wife's grandfather got admitted to ICU this morning.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

Soulo747 09-02-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarterFab (Post 3897547)
Thanks.
I'm hopefully gonna be in the shop tomorrow. Just depends on if I'm still on kid duty. Wife's grandfather got admitted to ICU this morning.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

Thoughts and prayers, buddy.